Coronavirus

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
My wife's sister had covid and now 6 months later is still testing positive for antibody's.... I'm also pretty suspicious of anything that's being peddled around without having full testing done. Hell I had been taking over the counter heartburn med that was fully tested and approved in the 79's and they just found out it may have a high link to cancer.... What has been missed with these having not been fully tested? I think I'll wait a little longer before I get the shot.

ivantalk

Some countries announce another lockdown because of the Delta variant threat. It's the battle between the new variant of covid versus the unvaccinated people.

4x4_Welder

There was a big anti vax protest up here yesterday. A bunch of people standing on the corner of Poleline by the hospital, blocking traffic, blocking visibility, holding signs about the dangers of vaccines. I'm getting mine on Saturday.

85CUCVKRAWLER

If the state starts hinting at masks or lock downs again I will god damn go protest. As much as I possibly can. We cannot let them think they can just do this whenever they want. Neither masks or lockdowns make any difference and is just a futile dog and Pony show that our overlords don't adhere too anyways.

This is my line in the sand.

My take on it is this at this point is that this would be pretty much through if most people got vaccinated. I get your freedom to act as if nothing has happened and everything like that, and I completely respect everyones right to choose regardless of the reasons. In the end, I'm just a data guy. I'm pretty conservative politically, but I honestly don't think every government organization is out to get me.

Even way back in May, 99.2% of covid deaths were unvaccinated folks. Recent data suggests it is higher than that, so it looks like everyone is picking their own poison now - except those that are too poor or uneducated or remote to figure out how to get vaccinated if they wanted to.

ID Bronco

My take on it is this at this point is that this would be pretty much through if most people got vaccinated. I get your freedom to act as if nothing has happened and everything like that, and I completely respect everyones right to choose regardless of the reasons. In the end, I'm just a data guy. I'm pretty conservative politically, but I honestly don't think every government organization is out to get me.

Even way back in May, 99.2% of covid deaths were unvaccinated folks. Recent data suggests it is higher than that, so it looks like everyone is picking their own poison now - except those that are too poor or uneducated or remote to figure out how to get vaccinated if they wanted to.

So at this point every adult in the country who wants the vaccine can get it if they make an effort. That said, if they choose not to, they are assuming the associated risks. Let everyone choose, that's the right God gave us all. I don't think the government should have to pay for any medical fallout if an unvaccinated person has problems later either, but seriously that opens a gigantic can of worms in all of our social programs.

I know my risk with Covid, my risk with the vaccine, my health status belief and attitude about Govt. pressure. I'll decide, but to either coerce or incentivize is not the job of the Government on any level.

The last point of " except those that are too poor or uneducated or remote to figure out how to get vaccinated if they wanted to." sounds a lot like Biden telling "black folks" they aren't smart enough to get an ID. There is plenty of help for EVERYONE to get the vaccine if they want it. I'll offer to help those who want it and can't seem to find it.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So at this point every adult in the country who wants the vaccine can get it if they make an effort. That said, if they choose not to, they are assuming the associated risks. Let everyone choose, that's the right God gave us all. I don't think the government should have to pay for any medical fallout if an unvaccinated person has problems later either, but seriously that opens a gigantic can of worms in all of our social programs.
I guess my question is, does the government pay now? Or are you saying you support medicare/armed forces being forced to get the vaccine since they are who I would say is government insured.

I'm of the opinion, get it if you want, placebos work sometimes. Feel free to wear a mask, maintain 6 feet from others, etc, etc. If the unvaccinated are a risk to the vaccinated then the vaccine sucks.

So at this point every adult in the country who wants the vaccine can get it if they make an effort.
My point is that I don't really think this is true at this point. I think if you have a doctor and are well educated and have an internet connection, it can be done. I consider myself to be pretty technology savvy. I've signed four of my family up to be vaccinated. It was not straightforward nor simple. I think there are places that even take walk ins, but finding that out wasn't easy either. Maybe it is just hard for people who aren't willing to sit on the phone and ask questions.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My point is that I don't really think this is true at this point. I think if you have a doctor and are well educated and have an internet connection, it can be done. I consider myself to be pretty technology savvy. I've signed four of my family up to be vaccinated. It was not straightforward nor simple. I think there are places that even take walk ins, but finding that out wasn't easy either. Maybe it is just hard for people who aren't willing to sit on the phone and ask questions.
I disagree, when I got my nano bots I was in one of the most restricted parts of the country (as far as getting a vaccine) even more so was only willing to get a specific vaccine and was able to easily get that accomplished without even being a resident of the state, with less than 30min of digging around on the internet. ( and most of that was spent trying to figure out what towns were close to me as I was clueless and had limited transport)

People that want to say they can’t get a vaccine especially now and make a big deal about it, saying it’s racism making it so their community can’t get the vaccine. Are the same outrage mob that reads a headline and bases an entire riot off that headline without getting any actual facts.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Take a stroll around most cities and towns and you will probably find a motorhome or van set up as a mobile testing and vaccine spot. There is one that travels around Carbon and Emery counties and I have seen them elsewhere. I do not buy the premise that it is hard for many people who want the vaccine to not get it. I think 99% of people have the intelligence to make a phone call to a doctors office or hospital to find out.

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
I would also like more data. There are no study's on how long the antibody's are lasting in both vaccinated and covid recovered people, that info would be most helpful, also what is the infection rate for people who have had covid and recoverd? What's the percentage of already recoverd people who die when re-infected? Or what's the death rate when someone has been vaccinated and then gets covid. I think there should be study's on these numbers. The more data we have would help everyone make more correct and confident decisions on the vaccinations.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
You have the right to choose, but also realize how that choice impacts others. Skydaddy may give you that right in your beliefs, but what does he say when you choose to do something that negatively impacts the life of others?

I'm just another government drone, but I do buy the storyline that it's the unvaccinated allowing this mess to keep smoldering along and continuing to impact all of our lives.

It's also easy to get a vaccine... At least from my experience.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
You have the right to choose, but also realize how that choice impacts others. Skydaddy may give you that right in your beliefs, but what does he say when you choose to do something that negatively impacts the life of others?

I'm just another government drone, but I do buy the storyline that it's the unvaccinated allowing this mess to keep smoldering along and continuing to impact all of our lives.

It's also easy to get a vaccine... At least from my experience.
So you believe the vaccine actually is supposed to stop Covid? interesting. :spork:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
True to a certain degree but there is a statistically significant number of people who have been vaccinated that are becoming infected with both the variant and the original virus. I personally know 2 people who took the Moderna vaccine and recently tested positive for the non Delta COVID. They happen to be father and daughter not living in the same house or same city.

Every non vaccinated person who now contracts the virus now has natural immunity and we are one step closer to herd immunity.........or if they die just took care of the process of natural selection.

My position is still the same. Protect the high risk population and let the rest of us live our life. If people are scared then they need to wrap themselves in whatever security blanket makes them feel good.

Personally I think a consistent intake of barley and hops from Bewilder is the best vaccine. The Boch will kill any germs in your body.