Coronavirus

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'll tell you right now, people who are not getting the wackzine are also not getting tested so there's no clear data to prove that they are the ones causing this "variant".

Long story short: Turn off your televisions and live a happy life.
I agree in theory with that, but maybe from a different perspective. People who have been vaccinated are not seeing symptoms nearly as severe as others, and may likely be causing spread without knowing.

One of my brewshop employees was vaccinated... Not sure which one (none of my business)... And popped for covid a couple weeks ago ago. He said it was kind of like a mild cold for a couple of days, but we kept him away until he had a negative test. This was further complicated by my back up guy, who did note get a vaccine ("I'm strong and healthy, why should I be afraid of it") and had covid at the the same time. He was basically in bed for 2 weeks and now weeks later he says he gets exhausted just going up the stairs. For what little it's worth, he wishes he would have gotten a the vaccine. Obviously a small sample size... And we've known for a long time covid impacts people differently, but still interesting how someone's tune can change when they actually have to deal with it.

What I find interesting is how so many of the trump drum beaters still take the hard line on the "wackzine", even though their demagogue helped develop it pretty publicly took it himself. I personally think the way he pushed the development of the vaccine was one of several really positive things Trump did while in office.

... Wait... He's still in office though. Silly me, I always forget my truths!

85CUCVKRAWLER

You have the right to choose, but also realize how that choice impacts others. Skydaddy may give you that right in your beliefs, but what does he say when you choose to do something that negatively impacts the life of others?

I'm just another government drone, but I do buy the storyline that it's the unvaccinated allowing this mess to keep smoldering along and continuing to impact all of our lives.

It's also easy to get a vaccine... At least from my experience.

How does me not getting the vax effect you, if youre vaccinated? Youre outright admitting that you have no faith in the vaccine's ability while at the same time condescendingly admonishing people's agency in weighing up their risk vs reward in taking exactly the thing you have no faith in.

You mock religion, but atleast those people have faith in a skydaddy rather than faith in an untested technology backed by every corrupt institution in this country.

Trate D

How does being a trump supporter have anything to do with me not wanting an experimental drug in my body? He openly pushed for it and got the balls rolling to get it out an distributed.... Wouldn’t that mean if I aligned my choices with him I would want a vaccine? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
How does me not getting the vax effect you, if youre vaccinated? Youre outright admitting that you have no faith in the vaccine's ability while at the same time condescendingly admonishing people's agency in weighing up their risk vs reward in taking exactly the thing you have no faith in.

You mock religion, but atleast those people have faith in a skydaddy rather than faith in an untested technology backed by every corrupt institution in this country.
Because the vast majority of cases are happening in the unvaccinated population, thus perpetuating the pandemic and its economic impact longer than necessary.

As for Skydaddy, I don't mean it to mock religion, but the assignment of a name to the abstract of an omnipotent patriarch is pretty arbitrary as it is. Every religion/culture has their own, but my version of it just represents my feelings about Him. If people can pick and choose which stories in their religion to believe and which ones to discard, I feel like the title of the deity is far less important than what it represents to the individual.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
How does being a trump supporter have anything to do with me not wanting an experimental drug in my body? He openly pushed for it and got the balls rolling to get it out an distributed.... Wouldn’t that mean if I aligned my choices with him I would want a vaccine? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not saying "you" or anyone specifically, just that if there were a Venn diagram illustrating ardent Trump supporters and those not getting vaccinated, the overlap would be, like, substantial.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
What I find interesting is how so many of the trump drum beaters still take the hard line on the "wackzine", even though their demagogue helped develop it pretty publicly took it himself.
See, I’m more surprised that the generation of “F@&k you I won’t do what you tell me” has turned into the generation of “F@&k you do what they tell you”. 😂

Pike2350

When you Google "Best defense for Covid" this is what pops up:

View attachment 139533

View attachment 139534

Certainly a shot is easier but it's a lot less likely to protect you doing what it takes to be an overall healthy person. The Absolute Risk Reduction is less than 1%. That is our personal risk (not from dying of but suffering from the symptims) is reduced is less than 1% - that's not stamping out the disease.

And still, misinformation works both ways, we need to stop believing "fully vaccinated" means immune. As well, "fully vaccinated: also doesn't mean you cannot contract or transmit the disease.

You can reduce your risk and improve your immune system by shedding 5-10% of your body fat.

Best defense is healthy immune system. Sometimes that does mean getting a vaccine, wearing proper ppe, etc. It frustrates me that doing what we can to get healthier immune systems isn't a more important priority. It seems like getting a shot has replaced that priority.
No offense but you also need to look at the date of those links. All over a year old and 1 from the beginning of rhe pandemic....hardly a good reference for an argument. Those articles just happen to align with Google's algorithm the best for the search words. I do agree with the fact that we need to put a bigger emphasis on being healthy in general.

As for vaccinated vs unvaccinated. I personally everyone has the choice...however I do feel the anti-vax people are also the ones least likely to follow the other guidelines. It amazes me how people that aren't vax (which is fine)...but guidelines are that if you are choosing to not get vaccinated, you should be wearing a mask. I rarely see anyone wearing a mask anymore and certainly not having their kids wear masks while out in public.

If you don't want the vaccine fine....but at some point I feel that since you chose not to your insurance and any other assistance should be able to be deny coverage for it. If you contract it and happen to be hospitalized you are on the hook for it. If there are medical reasons or age reasons for not getting it the. Those could still be covered.

I feel that this should apply to a lot of medical conditions as well. Knowingly avoiding things that have been proven to greatly reduce the risk of severe medical complications should nullify coverage. Free will is free will and I support it...but your choices have consequences....at some point I think that's how we need to operate.

85CUCVKRAWLER

I'm not saying "you" or anyone specifically, just that if there were a Venn diagram illustrating ardent Trump supporters and those not getting vaccinated, the overlap would be, like, substantial.

Because the vast majority of cases are happening in the unvaccinated population, thus perpetuating the pandemic and its economic impact longer than necessary.

As for Skydaddy, I don't mean it to mock religion, but the assignment of a name to the abstract of an omnipotent patriarch is pretty arbitrary as it is. Every religion/culture has their own, but my version of it just represents my feelings about Him. If people can pick and choose which stories in their religion to believe and which ones to discard, I feel like the title of the deity is far less important than what it represents to the individual.

Brother, we are not in a "pandemic" any more, the disease is endemic at this point. So "perpetuating" it is no longer in our hands, its long gone. Even your own statements here state that if 100% of people got vaccinated they would still contract the virus and spread it to other hosts. So how is me getting vaccinated going to shorten its existence in our ecosystem?

Furthermore, only the truly pathological immediately conflate an individual's choice to inject an untested technology into their bodies with hurr durr trump. Wouldn't all Trump sycophant's be injecting themselves as quickly as possible because he championed the vax? Wouldnt all democrats refuse as it could be laced with fascist toxins?

Even your own boring, hypocritical pathologies dont make sense when uttered out loud. Yet, you keep repeating them, why?

85CUCVKRAWLER

No offense but you also need to look at the date of those links. All over a year old and 1 from the beginning of rhe pandemic....hardly a good reference for an argument. Those articles just happen to align with Google's algorithm the best for the search words. I do agree with the fact that we need to put a bigger emphasis on being healthy in general.

As for vaccinated vs unvaccinated. I personally everyone has the choice...however I do feel the anti-vax people are also the ones least likely to follow the other guidelines. It amazes me how people that aren't vax (which is fine)...but guidelines are that if you are choosing to not get vaccinated, you should be wearing a mask. I rarely see anyone wearing a mask anymore and certainly not having their kids wear masks while out in public.

If you don't want the vaccine fine....but at some point I feel that since you chose not to your insurance and any other assistance should be able to be deny coverage for it. If you contract it and happen to be hospitalized you are on the hook for it. If there are medical reasons or age reasons for not getting it the. Those could still be covered.

I feel that this should apply to a lot of medical conditions as well. Knowingly avoiding things that have been proven to greatly reduce the risk of severe medical complications should nullify coverage. Free will is free will and I support it...but your choices have consequences....at some point I think that's how we need to operate.

So people who speed in their car should be denied treatment at the hospital after a wreck?

holy shit, how deluded are you? Oh and, for the thousandth time, masks dont work as if we needed a study to show that.

Trate D

Call me crazy I don’t care.....

-Being divided into groups
-Turning into us vs them
-Forced vaccinations
-Where does it end? What the end game result? I leave it to everyone to decide for themselves.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Brother, we are not in a "pandemic" any more, the disease is endemic at this point. So "perpetuating" it is no longer in our hands, its long gone. Even your own statements here state that if 100% of people got vaccinated they would still contract the virus and spread it to other hosts. So how is me getting vaccinated going to shorten its existence in our ecosystem?

Furthermore, only the truly pathological immediately conflate an individual's choice to inject an untested technology into their bodies with hurr durr trump. Wouldn't all Trump sycophant's be injecting themselves as quickly as possible because he championed the vax? Wouldnt all democrats refuse as it could be laced with fascist toxins?

Even your own boring, hypocritical pathologies dont make sense when uttered out loud. Yet, you keep repeating them, why?
Pathological is fine, but I hate being boring!

But, at least in a roundabout way, I got you to understand and agree with my point. Do you find it frustrating to come out the back end of an argument taking the position that you thought you were against? A bit paradoxical, no?

You are probably right about this being endemic at this point, which is a bit of a shame but humanity has survived worse. But our experience here certainly doesn't inspire confidence in humanity's ability to come together to overcome something that happend to be far more severe/deadly. Let's all hope that we're never faced with that.

And yes, our country's obesity problem is an epidemic. Obviously being healthy is overall the best defense for illness, but if I had to take my chances with a certain covid infection with either a healthy immune system or the vaccine, I'll take the vaccine. Also, I need to drop about 20 hash tags myself... Thanks for the reminder!

Pike2350

So it's wrong then? I hope the algorithm aligns with the search terms. Hahaha.

Age of link doesn't make the content less correct. Do what it takes to get healthy. What it takes is rather simple.

As for choices of not taking a vaccine should be grounds for denial of coverage (I haven't said if I got it or not, btw) is one I haven't heard before.

So, we take 2/3rds of folks in the US and now deny them coverage? Imagine how that goes. But go ahead and gain an average of 2lb a month over 2020 as the country is at its highest rate of obesity, which we know is a definite factor in suffering from severe symptoms of covid (even dying) but do get the vax and what, that's fine?

Obama and Biden's administrations worked hard to get coverage for all but I wouldn't put past the gov't to use that tactic.

Pike, serious question, what reduces risk more, improving health/immunity or the vaccine?
I didn't say they were wrong...however if we had the internet back in the 80's there would likely be articles saying that the best way to avoid ling cancer would be to smoke outside. The knowledge is ever evolving....so the BEST way may not be the same today as it was last year.

As for your last question.....i don't know. I heard of many and knew of 1 person that was super healthy that was hospitalized for a long time. The virus hits everyone so differently that it's hard to say. I know there are cases of vaccinated people being hospitalized after contracting it..but I don't know how common it is nor do I know which is better.

It seems to be a crap shoot...but it seems there are less stories of it now....so at this point I will say that I believe the vaccine is better...but i know you will disagree with me.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Sounds like the vaccine that is being used today is different than the vaccines being used originally. Is that true? My goal has been to wait until the vaccine(s) get the standard approval, not the emergency approval, then have my family get it. Just like we have done with every other vaccine we have received.

ID Bronco

You have the right to choose, but also realize how that choice impacts others. Skydaddy may give you that right in your beliefs, but what does he say when you choose to do something that negatively impacts the life of others?

I'm just another government drone, but I do buy the storyline that it's the unvaccinated allowing this mess to keep smoldering along and continuing to impact all of our lives.

It's also easy to get a vaccine... At least from my experience.
The actions someone chooses possibly affect others all the time. Someone comes into your restaurant, drinks too much, drives and hits someone. Maybe it's someone speeding, or a million other ways our actions affect others. You are picking and choosing what is ok for someone to decide and what isn't.

I am not personally a hard line, no vaccine or it's evil guy. But I find the least tolerant people are the ones trying to make everyone do what they are doing. Classic Liberal playbook.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The actions someone chooses possibly affect others all the time. Someone comes into your restaurant, drinks too much, drives and hits someone. Maybe it's someone speeding, or a million other ways our actions affect others. You are picking and choosing what is ok for someone to decide and what isn't.

I am not personally a hard line, no vaccine or it's evil guy. But I find the least tolerant people are the ones trying to make everyone do what they are doing. Classic Liberal playbook.
True, but it's also illegal to drink and drive, and illegal to serve someone who is visibly drunk....because... You know.... It potentially can harm innocent people. Illegal to speed.... Same reason. I guess I if I use your reasoning I should be OK to use my divinely vested right to choose to get drunk and speed on the road into a bus full of pregnant nuns. It's my body, my choice, my right.

I don't know if it's a liberal play book to try to consider the broader implications of decisions within your community. Trying to convince people that they should be doing what you are doing is hardly exclusive or intolerant ... I have a message I want to share with you.

Like all of you, I don't think the government should mandate vaccines. But I really do think people should take them.

Last edited:

4x4_Welder

I went and got mine on Sunday, I got up too late on Saturday for it. Government conspiracies aside, I want to go visit my grandmother before she goes, she's almost 100. I'd like my kids to meet their great grandmother. I figured it's worthwhile to go get my shot.

My arm hurts and I feel like crap, but small price to pay.

I'd say that thinking that the only purpose of a vaccine is to protect you from a virus is a pretty insulated view of this world. It is definitely an individual decision, but the benefits and consequences of that decision over the population are most assuredly not purely to the individual. For what it is worth, I'm pretty conservative politically, but I do believe that there are rights and responsibilities for choosing to live in a society.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
FDA has a Class I recall on the PCR test. That type of recall is most serious type of recall. Use of these devices may cause serious injuries or death. This should logically result in the number of cases estimate being lowered, to include the death count.

CDC also confirms that the PCR test produces false-positives, where many positive results were actually influenza.

References: