Coronavirus

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
so, over 2yrs into this, I've had to wear masks to fly a couple times. To go to the Jack Daniels tour in TN. I couldn't get Chinese in town for a while, or see a movie, not that anything really came out that I wanted to see in a theater anyway. I didn't go shopping, my kids went instead or I got things shipped to me. I had to wear a mask to get in to Bewilder a couple times, for a few seconds. I was exposed many, many times, and yes, I knew people who died from it, but not a one of them was the picture of health, or youngish, etc. I believed and still do that it's a real virus. I believed and still do that it was and did mostly affect older, less-than-fit individuals, with some outliers, as ALWAYS. I kept my distance from nearly everyone, but I do that anyway, because bell curves and whatnot.
Other than the rampant stupidity everywhere and the horrifying display of obedience to governmental, idiotic overstepping, not much of MY life changed all that much on a functional level. It makes me very, very sad to see how willing so many were to not only blindly obey, but how belligerently ignorant a lot of people were, and are, about the whole issue. Not a bit of question, not a shred of inspection, nothing, just aggressive capitulation everywhere. Our self-gratifying "leaders" disgusted me with the rhetoric, and so did my fellow citizen fanatics on both sides.
Things are going to change, even a casual student of history can tell you that-- what's more difficult to know is where we are on American civilization's arc. The rapidity and nonchalant dismissal of COVID as the Scourge To End All Scourges is notably intentional and repulsive. As usual, the loudest Chicken Littles haven't got much to say anymore, and will go unpunished for their hysteria and contributions to social dismay. Alas, alas, what a world we have built.

anyway. I can't sleep, so eff y'all :cody: :rofl:
That pretty much describes my experience as well. I'd like to see a lot of our leaders/liars prosecuted, but I know it won't ever happen.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So strapping on the tinfoil hat today, what's up with all the famous folks getting covid
Jen psaki
Hillary Clinton
Klaus Schwab
Kamala's other half (7 days ago)
Obama (9 days ago)

Tonkaman

My cousin who lives in Shanghai said the city is on a “soft lock down” due to Covid outbreaks after the Olympics. The Chinese government is systematically testing every citizen twice in order to do contact tracing.

My cousin was worried about where they would be when the lockdown happened, since the government will lock you down no matter if your at work, the store, the babysitters, or anywhere else you go each day. So anytime they left the house, each of them (including the little toddlers) wore a bugout bag full of extra clothes, toiletries, and food.

Luckily he and his family ended up locked inside their high rise apartment building until everyone in the city gets tested.

Tonkaman

Is it impossible to get the hell out of there? I forgot why they are there in the first place.
Yes impossible. The doors to the building are chained shut, the military has checkpoints around the city, all transportation is shut down, and your movements have access that are filtered through your phone based off of the social credit system.

They are there working for corporate HQ at Nike. They actually love China and have totally bought into its propaganda.

Tonkaman

So in case of a fire, they're screwed.
Totally screwed.

He lives in a swanky high rise with glass doors, so they just put bicycle style lock through the door handles. In 2020 he sent out pictures of buildings that had steel plates welded over the door frames to quite literally seal people inside.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Yes impossible. The doors to the building are chained shut, the military has checkpoints around the city, all transportation is shut down, and your movements have access that are filtered through your phone based off of the social credit system.

They are there working for corporate HQ at Nike. They actually love China and have totally bought into its propaganda.
They work for Nike, they had already bought into it by that simple fact. I hope that all turns out well for them - and everyone else over there.

I hear there are people in the US that want to bring that social credit system here.

ID Bronco

I realized they couldn't get away now, but I guess I didn't realize they bought into it and were there happily. I guess it's what they signed up for.

Scary on the fire front.

Between drivers license records/points, federal background checks, and credit scores being used for everything in addition to actually applying for credit, we are halfway there. I'm not saying go the rest of the way, I just don't know how you put that cat back in the box it came out of. It would be nice to be able to live an anonymous life. I'm just not sure it is possible in our current civilization.