Coronavirus

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Not a fact.

According to that document, the earliest use of "Conspiracy Theory" in the US was in regards to the Compromise of 1850 and American history after that in an article dated 1893, but I recall seeing it used earlier in reference to the French Revolution and later with conspiracies revolving around the plots to bring Napoleon out of exile. (See: "The Birth of the Modern: World Society 1815-1830" - Paul Johnson, 1991). Additionally, Winston Churchill used the term in conjunction with the rise of fascism and appeasement of said movement in his book "The Gathering Storm", the first volume of his six part memoirs on WWII.

Perhaps you mean "The CIA popularized...". Though that is a conspiracy theory. ;)

^ Conspiracy "Theorist"

Keep'm coming.

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I wasn’t aware there was so many Commie sympathizers on this board. I stand with @Herzog right or wrong I’m certain he has more fun.

When you paint your opponents with such a wide brush, its easy to discount anything that they say. By this logic, anyone not seeing eye to eye with the likes of @Houndoc or @Cody is a fascists sympathizer. That's some dangerous hyperbole.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
When you paint your opponents with such a wide brush, its easy to discount anything that they say. By this logic, anyone not seeing eye to eye with the likes of @Houndoc or @Cody is a fascists sympathizer. That's some dangerous hyperbole.

Quips the most boring individual on the forum. ;)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's spitting some fine hairs! Where there is a theory there must be a theorist...
And unless I missed it, no where in that document does it say "Conspiracy Theorist".

there's a lot of documents to back up what I say that have been accessed via FOIA and put out in the public... really all people need to do is go a tad further than a normal 'internet search' to find these things. You think those top results are telling you the truth? I have really bad news for you.

Released in response to a 1976 FOIA request by the New York Times, CIA Document 1035-960 offers advice to its assets in the media on “countering and discrediting the claims of the conspiracy theorists", and suggests that they " employ propaganda assets to answer and refute the attacks of the critics [through b]ook reviews and feature articles...” The list of techniques suggested in the memorandum, which together provide a catalogue of fallacies for convenient use

Really my only goal here is to get people to dig more. I love all you guys!

If you all want to have a really good time, read and listen to some William Cooper :)
I'll warn you though, if you do you might start questioning the white lab coat clergy and all the other costumes people put on to pretend like they have authority.

Last edited:

Houndoc

Hmmm, so what I posted is a conspiracy theory? Really?

I know who I am, and a conspiracy theorist ain't it. I'm not even one to disrespect people or argue on the Internet. I shared it because it's from the CDC and news reporting agencies.

I don't like manipulation. Period. Not of people, not of data - nada. So where's the conversation about doctors? Hell, I've been seeing doctors lose their jobs because they don't have work to do. But, no, I don't think it's doctors. Doctors aren't the ones in front of the public eye f*cking with data and 99.9% of American's livelihoods. If you read the link I posted or looked at the data maybe we could have a discussion about the misuse and manipulation of data that's not ready to consume or use.

It's obvious we're not on the same page, I'm okay with it. I'm not sure how my saying my comment about manipulating data got you to a point where I'm denying the virus exists but I hope my response has clarified that, at least. I hope you go out and use your passion about this subject to do some good. Actually, that's what I need to do right now.
Clearl I struck a nerve. And for that I apologize.

I appreciate everyone who is trying to help others in a positive way (I have been involved with COVID response projects in Utah, Mexico and Uganda.)

But, if someone is deliberately manipulating data to get a desired outcome, that would be by definition a conspiracy.

And rather impressive one at that when it requires the active participation of governments of all types and at all levels worldwide, religious leaders of all faiths along with researchers & doctors in every country.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Quips the most boring individual on the forum. ;)
Ha ha, and your charisma just draws people to you like moth to flame?

If people want to label me as fascist sympathizer because of what I've said, that's fine. I take criticism on a weighted scale and someone that pulls "fascist sympathizer" from what I said obviously is the type of person that will pull whatever they want out of anything they read to fit their preferred narrative, and that's about the most painful of the basic rhetorical fallacies to have to argue against.

Last edited:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Sorry this comes to mind...
‘Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect.’

All the cool hospitals are reporting corona, all the big hospitals are reporting corona, what's to say that influenza death isn't corona? It matched the symptoms.. who's going to dig up a body and test it? :spork::spork: The hospital is already loosing money because elective surgeries are shut down, do we get more money declaring a death Corona?

Governments? All the cool cities are reporting corona, all the big cities are reporting corona.. etc, etc. All the cool cities are shutting things down, all the big cities are shutting things down. You don't want to be the mayor that killed everyone because you didn't shut down do you? Hey do you want to make a name for yourself? You could shut down harder than any other city! think of all the media attention, you'll have your name out there and maybe next election you can run for Governor!

Religion? That's a good question, getting told by political and medical institutions that the end of the world is here. Do you rely on your $DEITY to save you? In the case of the local church based out of Salt Lake, you look around at the 70+ year old leaders and read the Corona target audience and get nervous? the Russian proverb comes to mind "Trust in God but keep rowing to shore". It's only supposed to be a brief shutdown, it's not like we're going to be giving up for 3 months, this will just be brief.

I said earlier in the thread this will go on until people decide it isn't going to any more. You have freedom to decide for yourself, maybe you're older, overweight, diabetic, have lung problems, prone to infection, etc, maybe you're going to decide to sit this one out and watch from home, you have a job that allows you to work from home, have plenty of savings and supplies to last until 2022, you're going to do what you believe is best for you.
Maybe you're a 24 year old former football player with a new wife and a kid on the way and you've got to pay the bills, don't have any savings and quite frankly don't have a lot of options, you are healthy, and do 100 pushups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and run 10K every day and quite frankly don't fit the target profile for corona. do you sit home and wait for the bill collectors? It's easy to say everyone stay home when you can still collect a paycheck sitting at home, it's harder to say I'm staying at home when you don't have any other options.
Everyone has their own level of risk comfort, decide what yours is. Understand that other people may not have the same level you do. As levels of risk are pushed on individuals that don't match their comfort level this is where push-back occurs. The news flashes 129 new cases of corona, is that good? is it bad? How many of them ended up in the hospital? How many people can the hospital handle? How many are there now? That's why we are isolating right? to keep from overwhelming the hospitals, an honest reporter would say IHC is at XX% of capacity, have you ever heard that number? Or are the nurses too busy doing stupid Tik-tok videos encouraging you to stay home because they don't have anyone there?

Troop92

Going against official narrative ruffles feathers.. Question, have you watched the briefing?
I did, yes. A few times in fact.

The subsequent statements by researchers and doctors from various orgs/universities, including the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine, resonated more than two business owners, albeit doctors.

I'm not reading for narrative, I look at the science. My background once upon a time was Biology and Zoology.

I'm not hard set on either side. I'm working from home, social distancing when I can. If someone wants to go out without a mask, great. All I ask is that they don't take offense if I ask them (through my mask) to take a step or two back so they're not breathing on my neck. I'm looking at you, Home Depot guy....

Cheers.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Medical professionals wouldn't fake anything....

The media wouldn't fake anything....

You should question everything.

Except religion. Don't question that, just have faith in what you are told is true, no matter how insane that story might be.

You have faith in your religion, but understand that religious leaders are imperfect people. How is it such a stretch that some people have faith in their country, but understand that the people and often the process is imperfect?