Coronavirus

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Yes there is a staffing issue but not a nursing shortage. The nurses are still out there some where but hospitals are not taking care of their own and so people are leaving and making double-quadruple what they made in the hospital by going and doing travel assignments or taking less stress jobs. (What I did)

ID Bronco

🤷‍♂️ They were allowing religious or other reason exceptions. They were suppose to be in at the beginning of December. I think they approved all of them for fear of mass exodus. I work for the Largest Hospital system in Utah as a RN.
I hope they accept all of those exemptions. But, until employees are willing to stand up to the point of losing their jobs in large numbers the message won't get through. I'm glad you got into the other job closer to home with less stress!

kmboren

So The Covid has finally reached our house. My work made me get tested. My son was sick then me. I tested positive today. High fever and flu like symptoms with aches and chills. Now my other son and wife don't feel good. Surprisingly we lasted this long with out getting it. Hopefully we get it out of the way and are done with it.

kmboren

I hope they accept all of those exemptions. But, until employees are willing to stand up to the point of losing their jobs in large numbers the message won't get through. I'm glad you got into the other job closer to home with less stress!
I agree but people are afraid to lose there jobs so they comply or fill out the exemption paper work. There will be a time not to distant in the future when we as citizens will step up in large numbers if they keep trying to enforce things that we just refuse to do.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So The Covid has finally reached our house. My work made me get tested. My son was sick then me. I tested positive today. High fever and flu like symptoms with aches and chills. Now my other son and wife don't feel good. Surprisingly we lasted this long with out getting it. Hopefully we get it out of the way and are done with it.
Hopefully it's the omicron and y'all get to enjoy some time with the family.

ID Bronco

I agree but people are afraid to lose there jobs so they comply or fill out the exemption paper work. There will be a time not to distant in the future when we as citizens will step up in large numbers if they keep trying to enforce things that we just refuse to do.
I think there will be too, but what will it take? I'm 100% sure we'll find out eventually, but when the citizens get used to giving in on all of these things they are far more likely to keep doing it. It reminds me of Ben Franklin.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

The safety is the job, not any real safety from Covid. I wish my faith in the masses was more robust, I just see it slipping away quickly. Many people that work at the INL here near Idaho Falls faced this decision recently. A few walked away, but most caved (or chose to get the vaccine to keep their job) many of them are friends of mine. I saw in their eyes that they will probably give into anything the Govt. tells them to do if it impacts their 8 weeks of vacation per year.

None of this is toward you personally at all.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I think there will be too, but what will it take? I'm 100% sure we'll find out eventually, but when the citizens get used to giving in on all of these things they are far more likely to keep doing it. It reminds me of Ben Franklin.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

The safety is the job, not any real safety from Covid. I wish my faith in the masses was more robust, I just see it slipping away quickly. Many people that work at the INL here near Idaho Falls faced this decision recently. A few walked away, but most caved (or chose to get the vaccine to keep their job) many of them are friends of mine. I saw in their eyes that they will probably give into anything the Govt. tells them to do if it impacts their 8 weeks of vacation per year.

I'm pretty confident the gap between getting vaccinated to remain employed and doing anything the government tells them to do is larger than you think.

My work required us to declare vaccination status. We've been WFH since this whole deal started (something I'll be forever grateful for) so it's kind of silly to me but I complied. This may be unpopular opinion on here but I don't really have a problem with employers having such requirements- it's government mandates I disagree with. If your employer wants you to do something you don't want to, find another job. At least there's a choice there.

Pike2350

The joint resolution to terminate mask mandates in Salt Lake and Summit Counties has passed. Effective immediately.
As much as I don't like the mask mandate of SLC, I find this very thing pretty damn hypocritcal of state legislature. "We believe in local control.....until it's against our wishes"

I have begun to hate politics even more lately

kmboren

No offense taken. I vaccinated before the mandate (johnson&Johnson one shot) but I don't plan on getting anymore. I believe vaccines like, chicken pox, polio, small pox, whooping cough, shingles, ect are made to make it so we don't get those things. It might be the little bit of conspiracy in me but in my eyes it is all about government control and money, money, money. Also I got a voice mail from the health department about my positive results. Isn't that a HIPA violation? I don't remember signing anything that gave anyone permission to share my test results. 🤔

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
No offense taken. I vaccinated before the mandate (johnson&Johnson one shot) but I don't plan on getting anymore. I believe vaccines like, chicken pox, polio, small pox, whooping cough, shingles, ect are made to make it so we don't get those things. It might be the little bit of conspiracy in me but in my eyes it is all about government control and money, money, money. Also I got a voice mail from the health department about my positive results. Isn't that a HIPA violation? I don't remember signing anything that gave anyone permission to share my test results. 🤔
Lots of rights have been tossed out the window, including privacy rights.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I've been hearing for a while that ventilator and remdesivir is basically a death sentence at the hospitals. I don't know if there's truth to it yet or not but there's a lot of people losing love ones on the remdesivir and a lot of people recovering by requesting no remdesivir.

Extremely sad set of affairs.

Re: Remdesivir
---
Dr. Paul Marik on the use of Remdesivir in our hospitals “The federal government is incentivizing hospitals to prescribe a medication which is toxic”

Non twit:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I downloaded the audio book written by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. The Real Anthony Fauci and have listened to about 3 of the 28 hours of it. He has covered a lot of what Dr. Marik talks about and references him in the book. Does anybody feel that it is a little bit self serving that the NIH owns part of the patent for the vaccine and that there are people at the NIH.....including Fauci who recieve royalties off the vaccine?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I downloaded the audio book written by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. The Real Anthony Fauci and have listened to about 3 of the 28 hours of it. He has covered a lot of what Dr. Marik talks about and references him in the book. Does anybody feel that it is a little bit self serving that the NIH owns part of the patent for the vaccine and that there are people at the NIH.....including Fauci who recieve royalties off the vaccine?

No, I'm SURE Fauci has enough integrity to not make any symbiotic choices