General Tech Cory's single seat selfish buggy

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Pics from our muddy tire tearing day. I bent the rear links pretty bad trying to make. I anticipated them bending since my two seat buggy has the same sized links (2" .25"wall) and they are severely bananaed and it has 200 less hp. I ordered some new blinging aluminum links from Wide open designs. I priced out making them my self and i would of only saved 30$ a link and it would of been a pain with out a bigger lathe with a decent spindle through hole.

I took the tire to the new commercial tire center in town and they sent it up to their recapper and they were able to vulcanize it and put a decent patch on it. I have taken it out since and it has been holding air just fine for weeks now.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I'll bite. What's with turning out the bolt heads?
I have a lathe now. I seen It done on a race car and thought it was neat. I don't think it comprises any strength. I replaced all my lower link bolts with these new links, one of the old ones 3/4" grade 8 bolts was bent and we had to cut it out.

Ashcat

Lathe vs tig. I need em both PDQ but it’s easier for me to have someone turn a part for me than to think of someone performing a welding job for me.

Ooooh then I could gun drill most non essential bolts also for the extra bling and weight redux.

Lovin your work man. Details details details

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I straightened out the old links and kept one as a spare and cut the other one down and machined some narrow misalignment spacers to use it as the rear upper link. I've really beat the rear suspension on this and feared the single .120 wall upper link could let go on me if tumble it hard.
2" .25"wall upper link now with 1.25" heims. 119649119650

Attachments

• 20190420_010512.jpg
    20190420_010512.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
The old stock P pump lasted a good two years but then finally got tired. It stopped pumping at idle so i went ahead and bought a high dollar PSC pump to replace it with. We ran hanging tree trail last weekend and once we got to where we could not go anymore the PSC pump took a shit. I was just idling and heard it make a pop sound and then i lost steering. I was able to drive it off the trail but on the farm roads back to the trailers my belt came off for which reason i have yet to figure and i overheated the motor as a result. Had i had steering i would of know i lost a belt. When i overheated the motor it also cracked my Surge tank yet again this time in a new spot. The thing is made out of 1/8" aluminum, maybe im not as good as welder as i thought. I told my self the first time it cracked that if it did it again that i was going to reinforce every corner of it.

I ordered all new an fittings to plumb into the tank. Im tire of fighting these damn barb fittings even though i hope this is the last time the tank comes out.

I put a extra old hydro boost pump on it today with a smaller pulley and took it for a spin. PSC was easy and are sending me a new pump an a return label.

#NotAtMoab:(

Last edited: