General Tech Cory's single seat selfish buggy

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
So I bought this high dollar brake assembly only to find it would put the master cylinders right smack in the middle of where the winch will be. So I fabricated a new one that flips the master cylinders the other way.

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

New fabricated one is dual pedal so I can brake F/R individually. Im thinking of bridging them so the left peddle will brake just the rear and the right peddle will do both F/R.
IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

I machined those little clevises from some 3/4" flat bar on the drill press.
IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 14

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
so i didnt even think about that, so you will be able to run front and rear brakes from separate pedals right? if so thats pretty sweet dude

that's right. I was going to get cutter brakes but this will clear that up (or at least till I get selectable lockers). like I said I will bridge/overlap the right pedal so it hits the left pedal braking F/R and the left will just do the R.

AaronPaige

If you pedals stay close together its not bad to hit both of them at the same time mine are separated and I love being able to use f/r when ever ,makes some of the really steep descents feel tons better and sharp turns easy my next buggy will have the same setup for sure

Bart

Yep, what Aaron said. On the 2 buggies I had with that set up it was easy to hit both pedals at the same time and then use either of them when you needed.

SAVAGE

you could do like a tractor, have a little piece of steel that flips over and couples them for mobbing around richfield, and then flip it over when you want to get technical.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Still haven't found a motor yet but I have made some "progress".

I went ahead and cut the orbital mount off and moved it more forward. It will make getting in and out easier, shorted the hydro lines to the ram, and put some more weight forward.
sss.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

I still need to burn in the colum and pick up another U joint.
IMG_2459.jpg

I turned some bushings down on the lathe out of some random plastic we had laying around. These will go in the colum tube and a 3/4" shaft will go through them.
IMG_2460.jpg

More pics of the brakes.
IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I picked up some tires for it on Thursday. 42" SX II. I'm looking for some 17" 8lug wheels if any one has some to sell, bead lock or some steel pro comp style wheels.

l.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4495.jpg
    IMG_4495.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4495.jpg
    IMG_4495.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 13

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I asked my old lady where I should put them and she said the living room lol. She was sad when I took the atlas and tranny off the entertainment stand. she had to redecorate it.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Well i made a light bar mount tonight. 1" .120" tubeing

IMG_2616.jpg

I grinded the peaks off a 3/4" nut and welded it inside the tubing.

IMG_2615.jpg

chasing threads ect.
IMG_2614.jpg

20" light bar. I still need to mount a stiff/adjusting rod on the back side.

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpg
    IMG_2618.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 18

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Hope that doesn't get destroyed in a flop! But it looks nice until then :D

Ive had good luck in my yota buggy over the last 3 years. I tipped it on its side 1 time is all plus its a cheap light bar so im not out much.

I had that same light bar to the front of my yota buggy aready and it got torn off by a big rock. I had to drill and retap the side mounting holes on it.