General Tech Cory's single seat selfish buggy

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
well got the 42's put on today. I went with some weld on bead locks on some steel pro comp wheels. i used TotalMetalInavations bead lock because of the integrated anti coning rings and they where much cheaper than most.

Burning off the powder coat followed by the wire wheel.IMG_2775.jpg

tacked up
IMG_2787.jpg

welding
IMG_2792.jpg

More welding
IMG_2794.jpg

And more welding
IMG_2819.jpg

Here you can see the integrated anti coning rings bent up and then welded.
IMG_2831.jpg

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Musclin on the 42's How do i rotate pics?

IMG_2836.jpg

Outer rings
IMG_2844.jpg

Bead lock bolting party
IMG_2850.jpg

Crappy night pic. Austin kept his bolt protectors off his bead locks when he sold his jeep and decided to donate them to the cause. i"ll take some pics tomorrow in the day light of my bedazzled rims.
IMG_2866.jpg

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Forgot this pic. Note ducked taped wheels. I've read a few threads where guys will put duck tape on the inner bead of the rim to help the tire stay on. They say 2 to 3 layers helps. Im a try 2

Damn these pics. They are normal on my computer

IMG_2835.jpg

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Day pics.
The front axle ended up being 64 5/8" and the rear 60 5/8". Those are 3.5" back spaced wheels and am really happy with the front width with the 42's. I've got some 2" spacers coming for the rear to match the front.

IMG_2996.jpg

Aluminum bedazzlers thanks to YJ_Auzzy.
IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

Bart

Looks really good. Are you sure you want to match the front width? I like my rear axle about 2" narrower than the front, especially if you're ever going to compete.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I do want it to match.
I'm really not into competition much and its going to be tight when i mount the rear shock if i don't space it. The front just looks like the perfect width with 42's where as the rear looks like it would be tippy.

This will be my rally machine for the most part so i want it stable.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
I finished my steering column and linkage. Much easier to get in and out.

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

I still need to fab a tab to bolt the heim to.
IMG_3012.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3013.jpg
    IMG_3013.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 19

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Well finally found me a nice 5.3 for a good deal close by. I got it all cleaned up today and got it in the buggy. I made some motor mounts and started mounting it tonight and the rear shocks tonight. Any body have a standalone harness made? computer flashed? who did you use? learn me please.IMG_3268.jpg

10Lbs of shit in a 5Lbs bag
IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

SAVAGE

so is that how the motor is gonna sit? all crazy and sideways to clear your seat? im just imagining the drivelines coming out of the atlas on that wierd angle into the pumkins?

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
so is that how the motor is gonna sit? all crazy and sideways to clear your seat? im just imagining the drivelines coming out of the atlas on that wierd angle into the pumkins?

Yes. The front drive line is almost a straight shot. Its slightly angle at the t case end. There will be some drive line ossiclation but they will be liveable. The rear will have a carrie shaft and is longer so it will be pretty decent as well. I went with 1410 yokes all the way around. Im not racing it or doing long distance speed runs in it. They will survive with my intended purpose of this build.

The motor sits up like that so i could sink the t case under the seat slightly and still have the tranny clear the belly tube. The t case will stick out of the chassis a little and i will have to deal with it. I could of made it fit in the chassis but i decided i wanted more seat room. heinsight i would of made the chassis 4" wider. I built the chassis width off measurements and what other people had done. In a perfect world i would of had all the parts when i started this buggy.

Bart

Most rear engine rigs have crazy angles like that. It works just fine. The Atlas in mine was a little higher than that and sat next to me.