Dads....?

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
footin fool said:
The last was a big suprise, we where done at two. My wife was on birth control with the first and last. So much for birth control! We are fixing that on saturday. As for the math they are 15 1/2 months apart. 7/7/03 and 10/25/04. Could happen to anyone.

I have 2 boys that are 14 months apart and 2 girls that are 15 months apart. No we didn't plan it that way- the first was planned and the rest came when they were ready (suffice it to say I have seen birth control fail). Anyway they were difficult when very young, our youngest is 4 now and the boys are there own best friends, and the girls are there own best friends. My 3rd started kindergarten this year and my wife thought it would be awesome to have 3 in school, only to have our youngest drive her nuts because her sister isn't there to play with.

Congratulations Brett on your first, I echo all the other comments- there really is nothing else like it, my first hit me when delivered and I was able to hold him- I'll never forget that moment. I still do all the things I always have- just not as often as I might like. But I always have 4 kids fighting for a seat to go with me.

footin fool

dunatic67 said:
I have 2 boys that are 14 months apart and 2 girls that are 15 months apart. No we didn't plan it that way- the first was planned and the rest came when they were ready (suffice it to say I have seen birth control fail). Anyway they were difficult when very young, our youngest is 4 now and the boys are there own best friends, and the girls are there own best friends. My 3rd started kindergarten this year and my wife thought it would be awesome to have 3 in school, only to have our youngest drive her nuts because her sister isn't there to play with.

Man you have got your hands full. I like them close for that reason, best friends. Me and my brother are 15 months apart. Lots of compition between us, but you always have someone their for you.

Brett my congrats also. Take it all in, they dont stay small very long, and have fun. They are worth all the sleepless nights.

footin fool

vwjettaon35s said:
10 months apart? :eek: Holy hannah! What were you thinking?! :ugh: Suprise nothing! You're just Superman! I have profound respect for ya man! :D Post some pics when of them footin' and you too Brett after your rugrat is born. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the props.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I got to deliver my son, that was the coolest thing I'll probably ever do.

We had him at LDS after a huge clusterf*ck w/the doctor here in Tooele, which sucked because he was going to trade one of my paintings for his services.... but anyway, we found an awesome midwife, Margy Batson, whole thing was so much nicer than my daughter's birth we were in shock.. short labor, mom and kid were fine, all went well.

I'll tell you there are days when I wake up thinking what the hell is all this? Who let me have kids?!?! but then I think, raise them right, take care of them and it's going to be fine. No one has a clue, and there is no manual with them. One thing I'll say is that kids need parents, and by that I mean, to really care for them, play with them, teach them etc etc. I'm not much for emotional rants but today I went to SLC w/my daughter, and she is a great little kid, kind of humbling to see how much she loves me.

ahhh anyway. It's 3:22am and I'm maybe a little tired LOL

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Tacoma said:
I got to deliver my son, that was the coolest thing I'll probably ever do.

We had him at LDS after a huge clusterf*ck w/the doctor here in Tooele, which sucked because he was going to trade one of my paintings for his services.... but anyway, we found an awesome midwife, Margy Batson, whole thing was so much nicer than my daughter's birth we were in shock.. short labor, mom and kid were fine, all went well.

I'll tell you there are days when I wake up thinking what the hell is all this? Who let me have kids?!?! but then I think, raise them right, take care of them and it's going to be fine. No one has a clue, and there is no manual with them. One thing I'll say is that kids need parents, and by that I mean, to really care for them, play with them, teach them etc etc. I'm not much for emotional rants but today I went to SLC w/my daughter, and she is a great little kid, kind of humbling to see how much she loves me.

ahhh anyway. It's 3:22am and I'm maybe a little tired LOL

She's a cute little gal! Great to meet her today (and you:D)

I never did get a manual either..... :ugh:

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
the best advice i can give is, play with them, get down on the floor and play with them, wrestle and roll around and give them horsey rides and let them jump on you. do these things everyday even if it is just for a couple of minutes. you will be your kids best friend for life.

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
EKSJAE said:
the best advice i can give is, play with them, get down on the floor and play with them, wrestle and roll around and give them horsey rides and let them jump on you. do these things everyday even if it is just for a couple of minutes. you will be your kids best friend for life.

Very good point. This is one you will wish you did later on in life, if you don't.

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
You know I get hammered by some of my friends for it, but I don't do much without my kids. My 2 boys and 2 girls will fight to go wheeling or whatever I am doing. Even if it is just working in the garage. I don't do many "Guys only trips", not that I don't need it once in awhile. But my focus is to raise good kids while trying to do what I like to do. And so far I have them brain washed into thinking that my hobbies are more fun than their Moms. He He.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahaha that's my plan too, ought to come in handy when she leaves me for having too many Jeeps....

nah, kids rock. My daughter loves 4wheeling and used to cry when we'd have to finally get out. Weirdo.

...get this!.. 3:00am this morning my wife wakes me up and says we gotta go!....3:30am mother-in-law/babysitter shows up and we take off....4:40am we arrive at the hospital in Durango...5:04am the nurse and receptionist deliver a 7lb 2oz baby boy! :eek: :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
brian said:
...get this!.. 3:00am this morning my wife wakes me up and says we gotta go!....3:30am mother-in-law/babysitter shows up and we take off....4:40am we arrive at the hospital in Durango...5:04am the nurse and receptionist deliver a 7lb 2oz baby boy! :eek: :D
So... this is a good thing. Right? :hickey:

Congrats!

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
brian said:
Congrats :greg:

James K

NO, I'm always like this
brian said:

sounds like there was no time to waste.

congrats Brian.

how are they doing?