Delta

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
so we hook up friday night and drink beer in a motel with cable? wake up to suka pukin in the toilet next door (lightweight) and we wheel all day and come home saturday night? If there is pavement to park the runner on I'd have an extra seat to get there, I would have an extra seat half the time for a spotter. My girl is chicken****. I need a trailer.......... anyone........ PLeeeeeeSSSeeeee ??? :)

sukaB

Banned
Most of the obstacles we do are way out of stock range but there will be girls with us in an open tj and a yj with one locker so you can mosey around with them and wheel around right where we are at...All the obstacles that are hard have easy play stuff right around them. I'm talking out by the poster area behind the IPP plant. not chainsaw or cat canyon.
hopefully me and my spotter will be camping but will see how the weather is........
We won't be bashing it up just get back in the groove and try to get him and myself back ready to go.I'm doing three series this year and there coming up quick.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
ya the series are coming up WAY fast. I'll do some measurements but just standard toy wide. Does the trailer have tiedown straps? How much beverage :) Aren't you gonna come play?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Skyetone
119 wheelbase and 72" wide to the outside of the wheels.

I'll have to check with the owner... he was gonna' sell it so he might not let me borrow it anymore... Your will fit, my cruiser is 76" wide an it fits... I think the trailer is 76.5" in between fender wells...:)

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm interested in going if I can talk my wife into letting me. If I am catching everything right we are meeting at Hart's Station on Saturday the 18th in Delta. I guess I only have three questions.

1- What time are we meeting?
2- What is the name of the $22 Motel?
3- How long does it take to drive from Ogden to Delta?

Thanks all

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Well... looks like I'm sitting this one out anyways, My alternator just went out. So now I have to save up money to ride the bus until I can afford to put in a new alternator.

But hey, just wait until I get my 6" monoleaf kit, 35's, D44 w/ ARB and 4.10's, 4.10's in D30 w/ ARB, and a high clearance steering made by rocklogic, and my 4:1 kit in T-case. Then I could crawl up and down Delta right?! (Too bad that's just gonna be alotta $$$)

sukaB

Banned
Kevin wants to go to Cali or moab...
So I want to go to delta...
Well see..
I'm definetely wheelin until late monday afternoon..
I should know by tommorrow..

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Skyetone
how much is he selling it for? not that I have the cash but..... maybe it could be a "test drive" :)

He wants $550 for it... It is decent at best... could use some work but it will haul rig...I might be able to sneak over and snag some pictures later this week...:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
hey slick!! This is YOUR idea, YOUR thread, now YOU are going to delta.
So can I borrow the trailer? Anyone else have one I can borrow?
Don't make me put it into a u-haul

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
so whats the sencus for this weekend? I wanna go, take a few friends. Brandon is a geek and borderline but I'll talk him into playin, greg? cruiser? shawn? anyone else? Ive never been there so I'd be shootin blanks. I need to find a trailer cheep too. u-haul wants 100$ down and 50$ a day.
Is this worth my time to go or what?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
oh and 1/4 eliptic is basically out cuz he is too frisky with the big tools and is fubar for a front axle. Geek drive the cheby and show us where to go :)

Box Rocket

bored
If its your DD you might want to hang out at home...Delta has some wicked stuff...

What's this supposed to mean Kurt?! Mine is my DD and it's run Delta several times with no breaks, not even a pitman arm. ;)

Just kidding man. You're right though, Delta can be brutal when you least expect it. Especially, with no lockers it can be a VERY long day.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WasatchCruiser
What's this supposed to mean Kurt?! Mine is my DD and it's run Delta several times with no breaks, not even a pitman arm. ;)

Just kidding man. You're right though, Delta can be brutal when you least expect it. Especially, with no lockers it can be a VERY long day.

Adam...Adam...Adam... how many times do I have to tell you, there is a worlds of difference between a FJ40 DD and a Jeep DD... get my point...;)

Plus they aren't going to Cat Canyon but more of the Desert Mountian area...:D

Flame on Jeepers...:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by WasatchCruiser
...no breaks, not even a pitman arm. ...

I'd love to discuss my Pitman arm but I am still in legal litigation over my "Mental Anguish Lawsuit" against the manufacture so until then I am silenced...:D

Box Rocket

bored
Here's a few old pics from my first trip on Cat Canyon back in June of 2000. I had never been on the trail before and ended up leading it. Had a total blast but we had a few problems.

Strapping down a busted motor mount.

lynnbust.jpg

Busted rear axle on Brandon's Bypass. 50' into the trail. DJ was done for the day and left his truck there and we finished the trail and picked it up on the way back.

DJbust.jpg

This picture should give you an idea of what you might be getting into. This was a YJ with what sounds like a similar setup. 4" RE lift, 33's no lockers. He had a LONG day. Got stuck bad in the rock garden (first obstacle) took a strap. Took a strap with lots of body damage at the waterfall. Took bypasses on everything else. Still had a hard time even on the bypasses. He never came out with us again.

YJfall.jpg