Delta

Box Rocket

bored
No. Cat Canyon is not that tragic. On the same trip that I just talked about we had an FJ40 with open diffs and a crawl ratio of approx. 75:1 and although it took a little extra effort in a few places, he completed the trail without breakage or taking a strap. He did however take a few of the easier lines.

A lot of it is like any other trail, it comes down to a good driver is the most important, and good equipment is secondary. Good equipment is good but with a lousy driver, it may not amount to much. I've seen guys with VERY built rigs just flounder on Cat Canyon because the couldn't drive to save their lives.

Bottom line is that Cat Canyon and a lot of the other trails in the Delta area are a total blast! They are not easy, especially if you try some of the harder obstacles and for a newbie driver, or a mild rig, it may not be the best choice unless you plan for breakage, body damage, a long day and frustration. If you go in with that in mind, you can still have a good time I guess, but it's better to go prepared.

Box Rocket

bored
Let me add one more thing. Skytone to you specifically, I haven't seen you drive in person, but from the percieved experience I believe you have, and with the way your truck is built, Cat Canyon could be a breeze. Ok, maybe not a "sleeper" trail, but just a really good time on a better than average trail. One that doesn't give you much trouble.

I've been lucky enough to get through the trail virtually trouble free each time I've done it. I've done all the optional obstacles except for Cliffhanger. I really like the trail and have fun each time we go.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
yea well I drive like a sissy :) it's all for looks :) no-one else seems to want to go so screw it. I'll bandwagon someday with the rest of the crew. Needed the $$ anyways :)

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
how many times do I have to tell you, there is a worlds of difference between a FJ40 DD and a Jeep DD... get my point...

Maybe I will come just to show up you FJ40 folks, me and my stock axles, 3.73 gears, and open diffs. Now how sweet would that be? (Just gotta put the alternator in tomorrow!)

yea well I drive like a sissy it's all for looks

I get that alot from people about my Jeep, but then I just take em wheeling where they usually can't follow!

sukaB

Banned
That's not the same area we play!!!!!!!!
It aint looking good for me....Blacky is having issue's

I could take the Whitey TJ but i don't want to scratch the new 60's 2" wider front, four link,35 spline shafts,high steer,disc brakes,detroit and arb, and all the other newly painted parts and accesories......
Damn blacky it's that time of month for her......

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by tweakeyjeep
Maybe I will come just to show up you FJ40 folks, me and my stock axles, 3.73 gears, and open diffs. Now how sweet would that be? (Just gotta put the alternator in tomorrow!)

LOL... thanks Mike that made me laugh..:D