Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
WEIGHT BEFORE: 370
WEIGHT NOW: 224

WAIST BEFORE: 52”
WAIST NOW: 36”

SHIRT BEFORE 5-XL
SHIRT NOW: LG/XL (Depends on brand)

MISC: I have lost apx. 6 inches off my neck, 20 inches from my chest, my ring size went from an 18 to a 10.5, and I have had 2 full size links removed from my watch. I am stronger now than I was before, my cardio is MUCH better, and I am a totally rebuilt person. All this done no surgery and no drugs! Diet, exercise, and discipline is all I needed.

BEFORE:

fatty.jpg

a1.jpg

sweater2.jpg

wedding.jpg

flex1-1.jpg

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
AFTER:

shorts1.jpg

pants1.jpg

blackshirt1.jpg

greyshirt1.jpg

sweater1.jpg

oldstandingpose.jpg

standingpose.jpg

backflex.jpg

flex1.jpg

Sorry about the last shot, the flash apparently didn't go off or the lens farted.

I still have a few pounds to lose but I am refocusing my efforts. I am going to start eating more and work on building lean tissue and strength and just prevent gaining back any fat. My long term goal in to get down to about 200-210 or so and under 20% body fat. I really don't ever want to look “chiseled” or have a six-pack. I just want to have enough lean mass and strength to compliment my diet and lifestyle.

The bad news is that I will eventually need surgery to have the excess skin removed. I am going to try and fill in as much of the loose skin as I physically can with lean mass on my arms and legs but there isn’t a damn thing I can do to fill in my butt and abs. I could have ab muscles the size of softballs and I would still have loose adipose tissue.
It sucks, and it is a hit to my self esteem but I am trying to use it as motivation to build as much lean tissue as possible because the less surgery I need, the less I will have to pay out of my pocket.

This whole lifestyle change has been a journey and I am only over the first hill thus far. There is a shadow of light on the other side of this mountain and I hope that I can stay motivated and disciplined enough to see how bright the light is at the top. Seeing myself shrink and fitting in to smaller and smaller clothes has been a very emotional roller coaster. I cant tell you how many times I just looked in the mirror and cried because of how happy I am with my new self. The highest point was last weekend when I was at Sports Authority. I couldn't find any pants or shorts in a 38” waist so I went to try on the 36”s to see how close I am. Well to my complete surprise I fit in them with no problems, and they fit well. I then tried on a size Lg Adidas wind breaker and it fit too. I came out of the dressing room walked over to my wife and just broke down on her shoulder. I couldn't believe it. All she could do is just hold me and tell me how proud of me she was. It was a huge moment in my life to say the least.

I hope my story will motivate at least one person to make that commitment toward a better and healthier YOU. It isn’t easy, but the reward is a much better way of life. I will never be the person I was before ever again and I can only imagine I have added at least 5 years onto my life. I also know that I have a much lesser chance of ever getting diabetes or any other health related problems due to obesity.

Take care,
Jer.

chadschoon

HOLY SHI! you rock my friend you rock!!!

please share your diet and discipline plans....

Last edited:
X

XT Utah

That is amazing!

Congratulations on sticking with your goal in spite of what I'm sure was incredibly hard work. :bow:

Can you give any details on exactly how you did this. For example, what was your exercise plan and what type of stuff did you eat / not eat any more?

I'm working on my goal of losing about 40 lbs. 20 gone so far :p and I feel great too.

Anyway, you rock!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
He posted his diet and routine in this thread a while ago. It was a very good read and extremely motivating. He did his homework on the subject, to say the least!

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
mbryson, Heather just sent a text and completely surprised me. Its a small world.

As far as my diet and exercise plan goes, it changed several times over the last year.

EDIT: just follow the link that Herzog posted. Thanks bud.

Last edited:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Great success story. I've been back in the gym for two weeks now, and after reading this, I'm hoping I can come close to your level of results.
It's amazing how much better I feel every day, and how much better I've been sleeping, and this is two weeks in... I've been doing nothing but treadmill for this two weeks to get my endurance up to an acceptable level.
Next week starts the resistance and light lifting for me, as well as a turn up on the cardio.
How much better do you feel, just in day to day things than you used to? You've gotta be so proud of yourself man... that is just awesome.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
That is so awesome good job. I've been wanting to lose about 50 lbs myself, just need to get started.

How many would want to keep a thread about are weekly or 2 week progress?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
mbryson, Heather just sent a text and completely surprised me. Its a small world.

As far as my diet and exercise plan goes, it changed several times over the last year.

EDIT: just follow the link that Herzog posted. Thanks bud.

go with the whip story.....;) It sounds more plausible :D You might even get a TV miniseries or something out of it. :D

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
I should. Hey I know where you work now! Next time you see any of those Hollywood folk you show them my thread and have their peoples call my peoples:D:D:D

I will give you a finders fee! :rofl: