Diet Progress 1 year with before and after pictures. *no 56K*

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Well I guess it means we'll have to start calling you "Not-so-beerman" from now on. Good job.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
he walked up to me about a month ago and I didn't have a clue who he was. I can honestly say I'm pretty proud to know someone that could something like that.

LT.

I think that the most impressive photos are the ones where you are holding up your old clothes and you are able to demonstrate that two of the new you could fit into the old jeans and shirts. I still cannot even begin to fathom how much drive and motiviation it must have taken you. You have done something that few people in the world, and I mean something like a handful in a billion, would have the courage and mental foratude to handle. Congrats! You deserve it.

On a lighter note I also lost about 150 pounds. But, mine was a lot easier than yours. I just divorced the *****!!! Ha....ha......ha.

LT.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Hell yeah, way to go. That takes a lot of dedication and most people these days just want to lose weight but don't want to change their lifestyle or eating habits to actually lose the weight. Just remember how you felt when you fit into those size 36 pants and keep up the good work.
CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I wear a 36 and for the most part I'm a pretty skinny kid....though not as skinny as I once was.

I was 204 in January and have been down as low as 182 this year, but I seem to hover at 188. I really wish I could get down to about 180 but it seems I've hit some sort of equilibrium. I think I'm going to cut my cardio down in the winter and maybe try to focus on weight training a little bit. Maybe some extra muscles will help me lose that last little bit of fat I carry.

The crazy thing for Jer, is that if he approaches his weight training/muscle building with the same dedication he did this weight loss, he's going to be Mr. Olympia.

also, I realize 188 isn't very big for being 6'1", but I'm not a big framed dude. I was 155 when I turned 21.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
also, I realize 188 isn't very big for being 6'1", but I'm not a big framed dude. I was 155 when I turned 21.

I know what you mean, when I turned 21 I was around 135 to 140. Didn't change much in my lifestyle kept partying the same and kept active next thing I know I was 175 and since then I hover from 170 to 175. But then again I am not as lenky as I was back then.

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
The crazy thing for Jer, is that if he approaches his weight training/muscle building with the same dedication he did this weight loss, he's going to be Mr. Olympia.

Man that would be nice!

BUT

From my research I find that gaining lean mass against your standard genetics is much more difficult than losing fat. If you eat enough calories, and enough proteins, the correct carbs with correct timing, and sufficient BCAA intake, as well as water, sleep, etc. (the WHOLE package) the typical Joe can gain roughly 2 Lbs. of lean mass in a month. Then after the first year if you were dedicated and lucky enough to gain 24 pounds of lean mass you have to overcome that plateau. Exercise Physiologists have reported that an average adult male can gain an estimated 24 pounds of lean tissue in his lifetime. This is not including men with gifted genetics or people using anabolic substances. To go above and beyond 24 pounds the dedication level goes up, and most people cant do it without the help of HGH or Anabolic steroids. Your body simply can not uptake as many nutrients and calories and BCAA's, etc. that it would need for growth naturally, thus the reason why roids are so popular.

Take a professional ball player. He has a dream job and can be in the gym as much as he wants, eat whatever he wants, takes whatever supplements he wants, and has a team of trainers, doctors, nutritionists, etc. at their disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even with all of those resources available to them they hit hard plateaus and (some) turn to anabolic steroids for assistance. Some people simply cant gain any more lean mass without manipulating their body with substances above and beyond what their body produces. This is why so many bodybuilders have to use and continue to use anabolic steroids to get as big as they are.

So what I am trying to say is that even with hardcore determination and dedication I may never even see that 24 pounds much less overcome it. I refuse to use steroids or HGH, or GHB, for me this has to be all natural.
All I can do is eat right, train right, and give it hell and see where it takes me.

"Aint nothin to it but to do it" as Ronnie Coleman says.

Last edited: