Digging into the 22RE

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
atta boy! :D It's addictive, isn't it?

I've never driven a Yota with a solid axle, but my old F250 rode pretty rough on-road and off. For what I use the rig for (DD, lots of highway and dirt road miles, moderate wheeling) I think the IFS is probably better. And if I'm honest, I like showing up all the web wheelers on other boards that think a Yota needs a solid axle swap to leave pavement.

That's not to say I'd turn down a solid axle rig at the right price. ;)

Last edited:

O'neal

?????????
The only way to run Ifs is to run a long travel kit and be pretty damn capable for crawlin and bombin down dirt roads/2 track's.A solid axle could be made to work just fine with some tuning/different springs.

sixstringsteve

The only way to run Ifs is to run a long travel kit and be pretty damn capable for crawlin and bombin down dirt roads/2 track's.A solid axle could be made to work just fine with some tuning/different springs.

In my opinion, if you're not bombing down fire roads at 60+MPH, long travel is not needed/useful. Sure, long travel is cool, but I wonder how many people with Total Chaos front ends actually drive their truck fast offroad.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

I believe that one's got the 3.0L

Exactly. The 5vze lines up really easily in a 3vze truck. If I didn't already have one non-running truck I'd jump on this one for sure.

In my opinion, if you're bombing down fire roads at 60+MPH, long travel is not needed/useful. Sure, long travel is cool, but I wonder how many people with Total Chaos front ends actually drive their truck fast offroad.

I agree. I want extended a-arms for sure, but for the wheelbase and flex, not because I'm a baja racer. :)

pELYgroso

'Merica
Kevin, you can just buy my 'runner and take out the 350/700r4/4.7 toy case and swap them into yours! The 350 has LOTS of room to work around it! I couldn't believe it when I first saw it! :D

Kevin B.

Kevin, you can just buy my 'runner and take out the 350/700r4/4.7 toy case and swap them into yours! The 350 has LOTS of room to work around it! I couldn't believe it when I first saw it! :D

I came pretty close to giving you a call, actually, I gave it a lot of thought. You were just a bit outside my budget, and to be honest your beast is way more truck than I need right now. Besides, I'm still hoping you'll come to your senses and keep it.

I have found a solution to my dilemna, though. I'm not saying until the deal is wrapped up, but I'm fairly excited about it. :D

pELYgroso

'Merica
I came pretty close to giving you a call, actually, I gave it a lot of thought. You were just a bit outside my budget, and to be honest your beast is way more truck than I need right now. Besides, I'm still hoping you'll come to your senses and keep it.

I have found a solution to my dilemna, though. I'm not saying until the deal is wrapped up, but I'm fairly excited about it. :D

good to hear! I'm excited to find out what you're getting!