Does this seem strange? (possible abandoned vehicle)

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Never drive the wrong direction through those tire rippers.

I've driven over those tire rippers a few times in one of my older jeeps. No different then driving over sharp rocks. Our style of tires can handle it with no problems. At least on a lighter rig.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I've driven over those tire rippers a few times in one of my older jeeps. No different then driving over sharp rocks. Our style of tires can handle it with no problems. At least on a lighter rig.

I have often thrown my floor mats on them to hold them down for passage. Works well.

Toad

This rig is still up Prov Canyon. I am in the process of tracking down the owner. Just spoke to his step brother. The kid knows nothing about rigs. Just bought this cause it looked cool. Does not know how to recover or have any friends with the ability to recover this. The steering arm on the passenger knuckle has sheared the four bolts securing it to the knuckle. I figured just put some tires on it and drive it down the canyon with someone steering the right wheel with a big pry bar. The windows are getting busted out. The winch has been stolen. Tires are gone and it is sitting on the axles. Other than that it is still complete.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
This rig is still up Prov Canyon. I am in the process of tracking down the owner. Just spoke to his step brother. The kid knows nothing about rigs. Just bought this cause it looked cool. Does not know how to recover or have any friends with the ability to recover this. The steering arm on the passenger knuckle has sheared the four bolts securing it to the knuckle. I figured just put some tires on it and drive it down the canyon with someone steering the right wheel with a big pry bar. The windows are getting busted out. The winch has been stolen. Tires are gone and it is sitting on the axles. Other than that it is still complete.

Pretty sure this is the owner's friend that posted here? http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?98244-Stolen-rims-amp-tires-in-Providence-Canyon

Last edited:

Toad

Thats the one. Used to be cool. I spoke to the owner a few minutes ago. They are headed up this afternoon and put wheels on it and try to get it down. He will keep me posted.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Damn that's messed up. People have no respect for the property of others. But then it has spent an excessive amount of time up there abandoned.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Wow that story unfolded :eek: There's so many questions running through my mind right now..

If I didn't have to work I'd come give you a hand thursday. Good luck and keep us posted :cool:

Karnage Fab

someone should bring a spare knuckle with to swap out, if it were closer, I have a spare to lend to recover it, it would take less than an hour to swap out a yota knuckle and make the drive out a lot easier

Toad

Done. Drilled out 2 of the broken studs on the passenger side. Removed 2 from the drivers and limped it of the hill. It took more time to get tires on it.

Toad

Another window had been busted out since I was up there Monday. I think if it had stayed up there much longer it would have been a total waste. The kid drives for Pepsi so I think I got a lifetime supply of Mtn. Dew out the deal. :)

Bart

Way to go guys. Bummer there are a##holes out there that feel the need to destroy everything in site. Glad it's finally out of harms way.