Does this seem strange? (possible abandoned vehicle)

blznnp

Props on the returned tires, that's awesome!

Gravy, didn't they locate the trailer behind a fence somewhere?
Why didn't the cops get it?
I believe it was gone and they also took the guy back to jail for a warrant I think. The vehicle was found that was towing the trailer behind a fence.

Toad

It would be great to get the cops involved and teach the kid a valuable lesson. I think the reality of it is that there is no real way to prove ownership. Tires have no serial numbers that can prove ownership. Luckily the kid is a coward and as soon as someone called him out he tucked tail and ran. I would prefer that he got a good ass whooping instead of getting the cops involved. Luckily the rightful owner has his property. It was a lot of luck that the deal turned out the way it did.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Wow what are the chances! Good to hear this story ended up with a happy ending. You're a good man for helping that guy out so much :cool:

It would be great to get the cops involved and teach the kid a valuable lesson. I think the reality of it is that there is no real way to prove ownership. Tires have no serial numbers that can prove ownership. Luckily the kid is a coward and as soon as someone called him out he tucked tail and ran. I would prefer that he got a good ass whooping instead of getting the cops involved. Luckily the rightful owner has his property. It was a lot of luck that the deal turned out the way it did.

I agree 100%.

So my name is Andrew and I'm actually the owner of this 4Runner that I now see had a lot of you concerned. I thank you for that but even more so I had a lot of people to thank in and out of the valley for so much. I learned a couple things from this, 1- never wheel alone. 2- never park your vehicle on the side of the trail. 3- most importantly even though there are some people that are inconsiderate of other people out there I learned that, there are a lot of REALLY REALLY GOOD CAREING PEOPLE. If it weren't for them I don't know what I would have done. There are so many things I would like to tell you but it might be easier if I just answer the questions that I'm sure you guys have.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Welcome to RME Andrew :cool:

I had such an uneasy feeling the day I saw your rig up there. I didn't know what to think but I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. Be sure to drop by RME every so often there's a lot of great people here that are more than willing to help out especially when disaster strikes (we've all been there at some point). Maybe we could get a group together and do a Prov canyon run this spring? Anyway take care,

Andrew

Troop92

So my name is Andrew and I'm actually the owner of this 4Runner that I now see had a lot of you concerned. I thank you for that but even more so I had a lot of people to thank in and out of the valley for so much. I learned a couple things from this, 1- never wheel alone. 2- never park your vehicle on the side of the trail. 3- most importantly even though there are some people that are inconsiderate of other people out there I learned that, there are a lot of REALLY REALLY GOOD CAREING PEOPLE. If it weren't for them I don't know what I would have done. There are so many things I would like to tell you but it might be easier if I just answer the questions that I'm sure you guys have.

Welcome! I haven't been on here long but quickly understood, as you said, that there are a lot of awesome people on the board.

Cheers -