Does this seem strange? (possible abandoned vehicle)

Toad

When we arrived to rescue the 4runner on thursday there were 2 jeeps hanging out there. We talked. They helped us some. I know the guys by face and name but I have never hung out or wheeled with any of them. So I get this funny text last night saying that the winch and bumper have been recovered. One of the guys that was there took the day off work and started hunting for parts. He tracked the winch down to a kid that lives in Providence(2 blocks away from the owner of the 4runner). They set up sound kind of sting and busted the kid that had stole it. The kid had added a skid plate and some turn signals to it. Im sure the kid will get charged with some sort of theft and vandalism. Stealing is just not worth it. He got a pos smittybilt winch and bumper that might be worth 300 bucks used. I will never understand.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Who is it? Pic? FB?

Thieves are the scum of the earth. His face, name and vehicle should be made public for everyone to know.

marvin82

Rocking the Yota!
If the kid took everything there should be charges or something to make him pay. Financial plus time to fix everything. What a f**k.

Unsure if you can press charges once all parts have been recovered.

Please keep Us informed

Sent from magic wish granting phone

Toad

Yea the cops are involved. The kid has really has had a great attitude about the whole thing. He is really excited that he has meet some cool peps and some new friends to go wheeling with when he gets it put back together. I think someone has given him a set of tires. Lots of people are pitching in to get the rig back together.

shortstraw8

So for some time I have thought about doing a TPMS but replace the monitor with one of those spot type GPS locating devices. My jeep is parked at my moms with old BFG MTs and the other day my brother caught some kid with a start wrench attempting to steal them (with no jack).
Seems doable, and with the price of tires and wheels it would be worth it.

Toad

I spoke to the kid today. Someone has given him a set of wheels, 35" bfg ats, Discount tire in Providence mounted them for free. He has been given windows to fix the broken glass.

hoosier

mtn yot
good to hear. I had a lot of fun building that runner I miss it. I wish the guy I sold it to would of left it blue but oh well. Let him know if he needs info on how it was built or by who just let me know.

Toad

So funny story. Sunday I was cruising ksl and found a 37 inch toyo on 15 in beadlocks for sale in Hyrum. I thought thats a oddball size for a Toyo. Kid sent me some pics. We chatted for a minutes. He told me that they came of a JK that someone had put Toyota axles underneath. Hmm yea probably not. I was going to go look at them Monday but due to family stuff I never made it. Another buddy went over last night. Some punk kid. He looked at the tires. Told the kid that he had no interest in buying the tires but the tires had been stolen off another buddys 4 runner. The kid folded and handed the tires over. So Andrew the owner of the 4runner now has everything back.

Troop92

Sad stuff. Growing up (Idaho) if you ever found a broken-down rig you'd see notes under wipers offering help, tips, etc. It was very rare to see or hear of a rig being parted on a hillside. Not sure how people can think that destruction and theft are acceptable...

Props to all those that helped him out!