Archived Easter Week roll call

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Moab

Bec and I will get into Moab on the 2nd and leave for home on the 19th - our all time record days spent in Moab. We're running Hole in the Rock on the 4th through the 6th with Frenchie LaChance and Devon and Marlene Parson (Bec's grandparents). We run Fins 'n Things with Red Rock on Wednesday, Steel Bender on Friday (Devon is trail leader) and Strike Ravine on Big Saturday (Devon is trail leader). In between days will either be wrench fests or impromptu trail runs. The rest of our group usually arrives Thursday and Good Friday and stays through the entire week after Easter.

We are running the '49 Power Wagon on Hole in the Rock so we can take along supplies, etc. We plan to run the '67 Scout for most of the other trails (assuming I get it put together in time - replace transfer case, get torn transmission mounts welded and install all new springs).

Attachments

• Idaho Trail Ride 2008 097.jpg
    Idaho Trail Ride 2008 097.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1992.jpg
    DSCF1992.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 14

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Bec and I will get into Moab on the 2nd and leave for home on the 19th - our all time record days spent in Moab. We're running Hole in the Rock on the 4th through the 6th with Frenchie LaChance and Devon and Marlene Parson (Bec's grandparents). We run Fins 'n Things with Red Rock on Wednesday, Steel Bender on Friday (Devon is trail leader) and Strike Ravine on Big Saturday (Devon is trail leader). In between days will either be wrench fests or impromptu trail runs. The rest of our group usually arrives Thursday and Good Friday and stays through the entire week after Easter.

We are running the '49 Power Wagon on Hole in the Rock so we can take along supplies, etc. We plan to run the '67 Scout for most of the other trails (assuming I get it put together in time - replace transfer case, get torn transmission mounts welded and install all new springs).

That's a good lookin' Power Wagon!! Sorry for the hijack, but I couldn't help myself! :D

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Moab

Bec talked to Marlene on the phone today, and Frenchie arrived yesterday and is staying with Devon and Marlene. Devon and Frenchie are wrenching on Devon's CJ-8 getting it ready for EJS. Bec's Dad is also at Devon's shop installing my old spring over D44's in his CJ-7. My Scout has the torn transmission mounts rewelded and the replacement transfer case installed again as of this afternoon - just back from a run to town to pick up 80W/90 to refill it. Then it's time to install both drive shafts, the transmission cover and the seat and I can drive it again. The springs may have to wait until we get to Moab since it's snowing here again (grrrrr!).

If you see us Moab, come on over and chat or join us on a trail. We welcome company on the trails. Cheston Beck fell in with our group about 3 years ago with his Scout Traveller before it morphed into a TTC contender, and we really enjoyed his company.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
It was one of the most entertaining trail rides I ever went on! Still have some killer pics from it!

I hope to run into you guys again and I still have your number in my phone

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
We'll be on the road down early on the 4th and staying until the 12th unless I can convince the wife to give us a couple of extra days. We will be camping at Portal tent site #11, look for the 79 white Cherokee. Bring your own beer and maybe some to share.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Moab

That was fun trip Cheston. Unfortuneately Dave Mayo won't make it this year to show us how to make a U-turn in the Wedge again (grin). At least the Scout isn't eating radiators anymore.

turbosniper1

6x6x6 / Commando
Is there a set up starting time and meeting place for the RME Hell's Revenge - Night Run on Thursday, April 9??
I am doing what I can to make it down there for the run.... even though I won't have my RamCrawler. Might have to run with the diesel if I can't use my old CJ-7. Either way I am building some rocklight pods for some sweet little LEDs I got for Xmas.
Hope to see you all there! God knows I need the trip!!:-\
Matt

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Is there a set up starting time and meeting place for the RME Hell's Revenge - Night Run on Thursday, April 9??
I am doing what I can to make it down there for the run.... even though I won't have my RamCrawler. Might have to run with the diesel if I can't use my old CJ-7. Either way I am building some rocklight pods for some sweet little LEDs I got for Xmas.
Hope to see you all there! God knows I need the trip!!:-\
Matt

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=63917 ;)