Archived EJS 2016

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'm on Hells first Sat and Sunday. Cliffhanger on Thurs.

What trails are people signing up for? It'd be fun to have a group sign up for a trail
Will you guys be doing escalator? That is one that is on my Bucket list but have never done. The obstacles not the trail.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Will you guys be doing escalator? That is one that is on my Bucket list but have never done. The obstacles not the trail.

We'll run hells for sure and I can spot you up escalator no sweat. I hope we can all get together!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Both trails take you there. The Sunday trail that's part of the deal (that's the focus of the trail day is the three major obstacles). We'd be happy to accommodate you on Sat. as well. Depends on if you want Bart Jacobs to spot you through or Dave Adams. :D

I think XJ's sacrifice a taillight to get through Escalator? (passenger rear)

N-Smooth

I think XJ's sacrifice a taillight to get through Escalator? (passenger rear)

Only with less than great spotting/driving or a limited slip rear. Going down it on the other hand things can get interesting but getting an XJ up it is easy.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I still dream of the day when I can be a gunner for an official EJS run.

(To that end, at EJS 2015 I did accomplish step #1 and became a member of RR4W.)

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I think if we are going to plan a run it would be best to do it now so that when it comes time to register for trails we have a day that is set aside and we can all not schedule anything that day. what say you all?

gijohn40

I still dream of the day when I can be a gunner for an official EJS run.

(To that end, at EJS 2015 I did accomplish step #1 and became a member of RR4W.)

according to the letter we received there are like 256 leaders and gunners this year... most of us only got 2 trails to gun/lead due to this.

N-Smooth

I think if we are going to plan a run it would be best to do it now so that when it comes time to register for trails we have a day that is set aside and we can all not schedule anything that day. what say you all?

Is the schedule out? I don't do RR4W runs so I have to wait for the schedule to plan.

N-Smooth

Let's go for Wednesday? Not sure what trail but I'm sure we can find something?

The last couple of years I think Hell's is the one that's open on Wednesday. I would be totally down with that since hanging out at the big obstacles is so much fun. Someone chime in when the schedule comes out

amp713

schedule is out but idk where i saw it... have it saved on my phone if you want me to text you it ha

amp713

I have a..... unannounced prior engagment that is gonna eat alot of my vacation next year so ill be doing my usual wed-a day or two after big saturday. Idk what to run yet this year but would love to meet all you guys in person for once.

I cant get up escalator but Ive never seen someone do it, infact i didnt even look at it first.... Drove right up it and tried it. About flopped backing out after i got all crossed up but next year i should have my rear stretch and a little better set up in the front half so im hoping to pull it and potato salad this year.

Almost did PSH but broke my rear driveline ujoint at the top and coasted it back down the whole way.

Nate the pic is sent

gijohn40

Here is the schedule for 2016... after looking at this I would say if wednesday is the day we should do strikes ravine and it will dump us in area BFE where we can play even more.

Attachments

• 2016 FINAL EJS TRAILS AT A GLANCE-PRT PLACE(online).pdf
    26.7 KB · Views: 28

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Hey, wait a minute... what is Elephant Hill doing on the schedule? The RR4W newsletter said that trail was being dropped from the Safari due to the new (asinine) requirements/limitations. Anybody know what's up?

N-Smooth

Here is the schedule for 2016... after looking at this I would say if wednesday is the day we should do strikes ravine and it will dump us in area BFE where we can play even more.

If strike ravine is the choice I will just meet you guys in BFE. Did that trail once and didn't like it.