EJS Moab Trip Report

trpl xj

Originally posted by pokeyYJ
(walked tip-over challenge open!)

now try it locked. It's much harder with only a rear locker. The first three times I climbed it I was open and I went right up, The last two times, I was locked in the rear and it was a major pain. As soon as your tires spin you slid sideways down the hill.

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I had an awesome trip!!!

Left Tuesday night. My buddies whole stereo blew right as we were leaving town so we went and bought him a new deck and rewired everything.

Tuesday: Pulled into Moab at midnight. Called my bud I was camping with. He met us on the road. He couldn't get back to sleep so we pulled off sway bars, track bars, etc. and headed out for a night run. We decided on Fins and Things. After that tried Dump Bump. The cherokees walked it... I lifted a tire, lost traction and slid backwards. Almost had to use my spare to save me! Got back to camp around 3. Stayed up until 5.

Wednesday: Woke up at 7:30. Did Fins and Things again. Ate lunch then headed over to Moab Rim. We turned back after the Z turn because it started to get dark. Then just chilled at our campsite (between Lion's Back and Potatoe Salad)

Thursday: Did Poison Spider Mesa. Met up with another bud, he had an XJ with about 12 inches of lift. Total beater. Doors pulled off hatchback pulled off. He showed off and started climbing everything. But he broke as well. Right after the switchbacks his fan ate up his ATF hose in engine bay. Did a quick fix. Partied at campsite!

Friday: We slept in and fixed a u-joint on a 97 cherokee. Decided to do Hell's Revenge. Got the cops called on us for not paying the $5 at Dump Bump. On Hell's revenge watched a buggy break axleshafts in the hottubs. He had 60's f&r with moser axleshafts. broke front right axleshaft, and rear left axleshaft. U-joints were fine!!! He used my tools to pull the hub something so they would free spin. Then my buddy blew a bead in his '88 cherokee. Used my hi-lift. Jeep slid and hi-lift fell off causing body to bend in. Got his tire changed and finished out under lion's back where you almost scrape roof on rock wall. My bro and cousin came into town. Made a huge bonfire at our camp. Surrounded by drunks all night long!

Saturday: I went and helped my cousin with his Jeep. He broke a tranny mount. We pulled off old mount put in the new one, but 2,4,R wouldn't work. Something had pulled everything towards the back. Engine mounts were stretched and rubber was about to split. Took to Moab Off Road. They fixed it for $37!!! While it was being fixed we did Steel Bender because we had a Stock Grand Cherokee and a fairly stock F150 from Eaton (my cousin is the International Manager for Eaton) It had the ELockers front and rear equiped on it. Pretty fun trail. That night we rounded up 10 Palettes and used 5 gallons of gas! KABOOM! Our campsite light up like a firecracker on crack! You should've seen the drunks flock to our campsite kinda like flies to a bugzapper! We probably had 500 people surrounding our fire. Cops came and busted it up after 20 minutes. It was a great night!

Sunday: Watched Potato Salad. My cousins Jeep broke again. My bro stayed after, but I left around 4P.M.

Had an awesome time!!!!!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
drunks duct taping wood to their feet and skiing down hillsides at 2 a.m.[/B]

My buddies put gas on their shoes and lit them on fire while one ran around in circles... The other did a little tap dance! We have it on video!

tv_larsen

Originally posted by jp008
OK since we are posting Crack pics here is mine.

OK. :D

fc4a2b16.jpg

fc4a2b14.jpg

This was on Sunday, about 10 minutes after watching SukaB drive trough. Further up the road we saw him helping a black TJ that had just rolled on Double Whamy. Then I blew my rear driveshaft climbing out of Body Snatcher. Still had fun.

sukaB

Banned
You just get scared cause your zuk is so small......
I'm really nice..

Can't wait till I get to wheel with you and your YJ..
It's bashin time

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by sukaB
You just get scared cause your zuk is so small......
I'm really nice..

Can't wait till I get to wheel with you and your YJ..
It's bashin time

I wanna keep the YJ shiney for at least 6 months before I fully rape it....:) it is the daily driver and all. the zuk will come out and play trail bitch....

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by sukaB
Nice,
id like to get a little Zuk sometime..

I have a burban for sale great tow rig

I have my bitch zuk for sale...no motor or trans great platform to go nutty on....whats that burban got for a motor? mileage?

uglybuggy3.jpg

all the rear suspension was a design excercise. it can be gone. the body is shopped behind the targa bar...it is just sitting on there right now.

I will trade ya for the burban...:)

Last edited:

sukaB

Banned
I was probably worried about my friend rolling again.....
hehehehe:D
At least he didnt do it in the crack!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Okay well got some of the Pictures from one of our cameras uploaded. This one only had about 90 shots. The other one has well over 160. Just waiting for my bud to burn a CD for me with those on it.

Chad on Fins and Things
fc4055ca.jpg

Me on Fins and Things
fc405575.jpg

Me going up the Crack on Moab Rim
fc4054d8.jpg

Broken D90 Buggy! Broke Passenger Side front Axleshaft and U-Joint! Four-Wheeler Magazine was doing a Photo Shoot for it on Moab Rim.
fc405279.jpg

Chad going up the Crack on Poison Spider, his stock bald tires slipped off the side and made him fall into the crack. He got a small scratch!
fc404f93.jpg

Me in the Crack on Poison Spider
fc404f1f.jpg

Me Underneath my friend's TJ at the end of the Crack on Poison Spider.
fc404d10.jpg

I have many many more. Check out the imagestation site.

My Album

Last edited: