EXp MUST HAVE aluminum dutch oven

spencevans

Overlander
For Christmas I got a Lodge 6qt enameled cast iron sauce pan for stove/oven use. Amazing. I use it every night now, never had something that heats so evenly. Eventually I will replace all my home cook ware with cast iron.

good the hear you will never suffer from iron deficiency:greg:

spencevans

Overlander
I thought I would post this recipe for those who are dutch oven aficionados.

Lemon Curry Chicken

2 lbs Chicken thighs (bone-in and skin on)
2 C buttermilk (optional)
1 T Melted Butter
1 T Peanut oil or veggie oil

Seasoning
1 cup flour
1 t Kosher salt
1/2 t Cayenne pepper

Sauce
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup honey
1/3 cup lemon Juice
¼ cup Butter
2T soy sauce
2T Curry Powder (you can add more or less if you like, but this a good starting point)

While not necessary I like to marinate my chicken in 2 cups buttermilk overnight. I think it add more flavor to the party and make the chicken more tender. Be certain to drain the chicken well before coating if you do this step.

Coat chicken generously with seasoning in Ziploc bag. After the chicken is coated I like to let it rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes and sometimes I even coat it again for extra goodness, but it is not necessary. Coat the bottom of a dutch oven or dutch ovens with melted butter and peanut oil (make sure to use oil because it raises the burning point of the butter). Add the chicken to the dutch oven, skin side down. Make sure to arrange the chicken in a single layer only, so it may take more than one dutch oven depending on the size of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F with the lid on the dutch oven. While the chicken is cooking combine all the ingredients for the sauce, and gently warm them until the honey and sugar dissolve (this step can be done several days in advance if necessary because none of the ingredients are perishable). Remove the lid and turn the chicken over. Pour half the sauce over the chicken and bake for an additional 35 minutes or until chicken reaches 160F internal temp. Use leftover sauce for serving over chicken and Basmati rice. Also be certain to scoop all the delicious gooey sauce off the bottom of the dutch oven and pile on top of your chicken and basmati rice.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I thought I would post this recipe for those who are dutch oven aficionados.

Lemon Curry Chicken

2 lbs Chicken thighs (bone-in and skin on)
2 C buttermilk (optional)
1 T Melted Butter
1 T Peanut oil or veggie oil

Seasoning
1 cup flour
1 t Kosher salt
1/2 t Cayenne pepper

Sauce
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup honey
1/3 cup lemon Juice
¼ cup Butter
2T soy sauce
2T Curry Powder (you can add more or less if you like, but this a good starting point)

While not necessary I like to marinate my chicken in 2 cups buttermilk overnight. I think it add more flavor to the party and make the chicken more tender. Be certain to drain the chicken well before coating if you do this step.

Coat chicken generously with seasoning in Ziploc bag. After the chicken is coated I like to let it rest on a wire rack for 10 minutes and sometimes I even coat it again for extra goodness, but it is not necessary. Coat the bottom of a dutch oven or dutch ovens with melted butter and peanut oil (make sure to use oil because it raises the burning point of the butter). Add the chicken to the dutch oven, skin side down. Make sure to arrange the chicken in a single layer only, so it may take more than one dutch oven depending on the size of the oven. Bake for 20 minutes at 350F with the lid on the dutch oven. While the chicken is cooking combine all the ingredients for the sauce, and gently warm them until the honey and sugar dissolve (this step can be done several days in advance if necessary because none of the ingredients are perishable). Remove the lid and turn the chicken over. Pour half the sauce over the chicken and bake for an additional 35 minutes or until chicken reaches 160F internal temp. Use leftover sauce for serving over chicken and Basmati rice. Also be certain to scoop all the delicious gooey sauce off the bottom of the dutch oven and pile on top of your chicken and basmati rice.

This sounds good, I will make this.