Experience with Lasik?

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm on evening 2 of PRK. The procedure was painless. I watched a person do PRK right before me and it looked rough with all the scraping which made me a little anxious... but I felt nothing at all.
It did burn a bit after they put the contacts in but once the numbing drops took hold again no problem.

Still a tad blurry today as expected. It's a different blurry though, like shit in my eye blurry. I randomly get very clear views then just back. So far pretty happy, excited for it to heal up.

If you have to do PRK instead of LASIK, I'd still definitely recommend it so far! My corneas were on the thin side so they recommended PRK over Lasik for me.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Day 5 update: Yesterday SUCKED. Vision was blurry close and far all day long, very painful in the morning for a few hours. Most any amount of light was pretty painful caused me to tear up badly. Basically I wasn't able to do anything at all for a majority of the day except sleep which was probably good since I need that sleep. I was honestly pretty worried yesterday... but later in the evening things started settling down and the pain mostly went away.

This morning I woke up clearish (cloudy) but no pain, exepct after about 2 hours of being awake I had some slight burning for an hour. Today I can finally sit in front of a computer for a bit and get some things done, but not for too long. Yesterday I couldn't even look at my phone for longer than 5 seconds so that's quite the improvement.

Tomorrow I get the bandage contact lenses out. :)

RockChucker

I'm on day 22 of LASIK recovery. For the most part, it has been relatively uneventful. There have been a couple days where one eye or the other would hurt. Kind of like someone was pushing on it. My vision has fluctuated, but the last few days has really seemed to stay on the really good side. I do see halos around lights at night. Lights have a soft glow around them. Almost like looking at a light in the fog. Still would totally recommend it.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Day 5 update: Yesterday SUCKED. Vision was blurry close and far all day long, very painful in the morning for a few hours. Most any amount of light was pretty painful caused me to tear up badly. Basically I wasn't able to do anything at all for a majority of the day except sleep which was probably good since I need that sleep. I was honestly pretty worried yesterday... but later in the evening things started settling down and the pain mostly went away.

This morning I woke up clearish (cloudy) but no pain, exepct after about 2 hours of being awake I had some slight burning for an hour. Today I can finally sit in front of a computer for a bit and get some things done, but not for too long. Yesterday I couldn't even look at my phone for longer than 5 seconds so that's quite the improvement.

Tomorrow I get the bandage contact lenses out. :)

It'll still fluctuate and be mostly bad for a while. I'm at week 10 or so and I still fluctuate a little, but its MUCH better!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'll be 3 weeks this thurs. I can see pretty damn good now! Seems to be improving daily as well. Very happy so far.