Farmington canyon open?

rholbrook

Just as you turn on the road that goes up the canyon there is a pond at the mouth of the canyon. There is trout stocked there.

The only way to the towers is to go up Bountiful Canyon and drive across Skyline Drive

On monday 22 Aug 2011 I was passing a government truck on skyline dirve and stop and asked about the road. He said the road will not be open untill maybe next spring. The forest service engineers say that the slide cannot be just moved but there needs to be $800,000 spent to fix the road. The faa plan on transporting their people to the towers via helicopter this winter. Now for a question for anyone who might want to get to Farmington flats in the winter. Does any one know a safe way?

rholbrook

Farmington Canyon Road is cleared of the slide. Its actually been done for over a month but the Forest Service will not open it yet. Its time to begin calling and asking why its not open for our enjoyment. My suspicion is possibly because of the high fire danger but even so, it should be open for us to use.

wrangler

for those about to rock..
Farmington Canyon Road is cleared of the slide. Its actually been done for over a month but the Forest Service will not open it yet. Its time to begin calling and asking why its not open for our enjoyment. My suspicion is possibly because of the high fire danger but even so, it should be open for us to use.

Right on I'm calling

Wnorton

I just went up there to see if the gate at the bridge was open. It was open and there is no road closed signs anywhere. I was in my car so I turned around where the dirt road started. Any info would be great thanks.

I tried to todo the same on Saturday and the canyon and road are still closed.

Wade

From wnorton using an iPad and Tapatalk HD.

rholbrook

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Absolutely be polite and cordial. Every time I have called Kathy Pollock she has been very nice to talk with.

X2, kathy is more than willing to work with you and give you the info you request and has been awesome everytime I have contacted her. Just make sure to be understanding of any restrictions she will tell you about. Kinda like going to a restaurant it's not the fault of the waitress when your steak is cooked wrong, just like it's not Kathy's fault when she tells you about a closure.

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
Just spoke with Kathy... She's 100% sure it won't be open till spring :/ they haven't started yet.

rholbrook

Canyon is done. I was told it will be open today but as of 2:30 pm the gate was still locked at the bottom. That may be because of the storm and not wanting to clear the road. Cant me certain on that though.