Farmington canyon open?

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I saw a nice jeep with a women driving that was all covered with dirt that came down from there... didn't know if she lived up near there or actually came down from the canyon... but now I know!!!

cjmack21

Good to hear its finally open. I have run the "B" several times and a little bored with it. Anyone have directions or a GPS location for it?Thanks!

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I didn't have time to go to the top so I just went to where the switchbacks started...

Took these with my cellphone.

Attachments

• 2013-05-04 20.05.09.jpg
    2013-05-04 20.05.09.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2013-05-04 20.09.14.jpg
    2013-05-04 20.09.14.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 21

rholbrook

That is the Great Salt Lake. He took those pictures facing west from higher up on the hillFarmington Canyon actually has a couple lakes behind the towers or balls as we call them and it has another one as you are going south to Bountiful.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Went up yesterday, everything is open all the way to the back. I was able to get my JK all the way in to the end of the road past the weather station.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Ive never been as far as the weather station but I've wanted to go there. If youre exploring old ward canyon and theres a side trail that takes you to some nearby tree where you can turn around or continue on towards a small ledge drop then into a narrow trail, where does it lead to? Is it a legit trail?

Troop92

The gate is open all the way to the bottom of the towers. It's still closed going over to Bountiful though

Oh seriously? That's cool. Might have to run up there.... Never been over that way, is it dirt/graded all the way to the towers?

Last edited:

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Nice, might have to take a cruise through there. I thought it would be another month or two before either side was open

yota87truck

Yotas ROCK
I know this post is older. But figured it could be somewhat updated. On May 16, 2015 I made it it here https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...11.799778,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0 on the Farmington side. If that link doesn't work I made it to the two gates (one goes to Bountiful and the other to the Radar towers). I head that it was temporarily closed for a large rock but I believe that has since been resolved. There was a sign on the gate to the Bountiful side that read "This route is open to vehicles shown below to June 1 to Nov 1." It was actually snowing the day we were up there.

About a week prior to going up the Farmington side we wend up the Bountiful side. This gate: https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0!6m1!1e1 to the Morgan side was closed. But the road towards Farmington was open. We made it to here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0!6m1!1e1 where we ran into some snow which has most likely since melted.