FTM new Rig

Kyle

GO Jr.
moon buggy progress

Hay all,

progress is going smooth so far, today I finish welded the chassis.and got it off of the frame table onto jack stands at ride height.

mounted the seat,atlas shifters,tranny shifter,cutting brakes,a few more cockpit bars and the brake masters and pedal.

tomarrow I will start frame side link mounts.
here is another pic from the front.
Kyle

Attachments

• Image008.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 137
  • Image012.jpg
    Image012.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

grinch

inner city redneck
Looks a little crooked guys... better throw it away or maybe give it to me ;)
Jake where was the call today to go work on your car????? times a burning away.

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
Are you guys sure that you didn't buy a Campbell ENT Chassis in a box. It looks just like there's, your you guys are just are very good at copying Nelson and Campbell Work so what is it. But I do think that you guys are doing a fine job and the rig looks cool nice job Kyle. But on the other hand, I would like to see some one come up with something new and everyone stop copying some other shop hard work. It is very easy to copy someone work but harder to come up with it on your own thing.

Here is a link to there site

http://campbellent.com/spanky

Wild Bill

Kyle

GO Jr.
Billforceone said:
Are you guys sure that you didn't buy a Campbell ENT Chassis in a box. It looks just like there's, your you guys are just are very good at copying Nelson and Campbell Work so what is it. But I do think that you guys are doing a fine job and the rig looks cool nice job Kyle. But on the other hand, I would like to see some one come up with something new and everyone stop copying some other shop hard work. It is very easy to copy someone work but harder to come up with it on your own thing.

Here is a link to there site

http://campbellent.com/spanky

Wild Bill

Bill, so if what you are saying is correct, when you built Dallas a rig you must have been copying Walker evans old rig or maybe Jason Paule,or the Karnivore. or any one else who has a two seater front engine car with coil overs and a four link.
what I am trying to say is there is only a few things you can change on a certain style car. If you would like to see something new .step up and do it.

Kyle

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Kyle said:
Bill, so if what you are saying is correct, when you built Dallas a rig you must have been copying Walker evans old rig or maybe Jason Paule,or the Karnivore. or any one else who has a two seater front engine car with coil overs and a four link.
what I am trying to say is there is only a few things you can change on a certain style car. If you would like to see something new .step up and do it.

Kyle

wow :eek: :)

harsh words!!!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Kyle said:
What was harsh about that? I wasn't trying to be harsh.

Kyle
You weren't harsh. Moon buggies work. They are a reletivley new form, and to reinvent that form and be successful, is harder than most people think. there are many things about Cambells rig that are different from Tiny, yet they look very similar because they are totally purpose built. If it is working so well, why not try it?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Form follows function.

The chasis is just another piece of a rig that is built a certain way for a certain reason. It's not like you have to reinvent the wheel everytime you build a compenent of a rockcrawler.

Dude, it's like taking 2 Mr. Potato head's with all the exact same fixin's, putting them together and expecting totally unique results.

There is only so much creative freedom in these things.

Cody

guranteed to be the first reference to Mr. Potato head found in any buggy thread.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cody said:
Form follows function.

The chasis is just another piece of a rig that is built a certain way for a certain reason. It's not like you have to reinvent the wheel everytime you build a compenent of a rockcrawler.

Dude, it's like taking 2 Mr. Potato head's with all the exact same fixin's, putting them together and expecting totally unique results.

There is only so much creative freedom in these things.

Cody

guranteed to be the first reference to Mr. Potato head found in any buggy thread.
Nice :rofl:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
cruiseroutfit said:
And I am proud to know the person who could relate such a tangent subject... :D

well...some of us hump on airplanes, others play with kids toys.

I give what I can ;)

****, if we're going to be original, why don't we take an OB boat motor, rear mounted of course to make up for the opposite rotation, directly mounted to an atlas, which sends power to commonly oriented axles (i.e. not upside down(adn again, to make up for the rotation). or hell, front mount that power plant and run the axles upside down again.....patent pending

How far outside the box must one venture before you figure out that originality sometimes comes at the cost of functionality?

Cody

Last edited:

Caleb

Cody said:
well...some of us hump on airplanes, others play with kids toys.

I give what I can ;)

****, if we're going to be original, why don't we take an OB boat motor, rear mounted of course to make up for the opposite rotation, directly mounted to an atlas, which sends power to commonly oriented axles (i.e. not upside down(adn again, to make up for the rotation). or hell, front mount that power plant and run the axles upside down again.....patent pending

How far outside the box must one venture before you figure out that originality sometimes comes at the cost of functionality?

Cody

outboard motors have serious power to weight ratio (full motor is about 400lbs or so, remove the lower unit and all the uneeded parts and I bet you'd be around 200lbs...and that can produce a true 250-300 hp:eek: )

but they would be a PITA to adapt because they have a verticle output...cool idea though, the head mechanic at my previous work and I talked about doing just that quite a bit:D

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
but they would be a PITA to adapt because they have a verticle output...cool idea though, the head mechanic at my previous work and I talked about doing just that quite a bit:D

ahh yes, vertical output--assuming it's mounted vertically ;) Mount the motor horizontally and what do we have?

Cody

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
bobdog said:
Probably serious oiling issues.

ahh yes, but submerge it in a vat of 10-30.......eh? eh?

ok, ok wait a sec......use two smaller motors, and mount htem directly above some rockwells....top loaders, vertical output.....

I was just joking about the OB motor thing, although if someone uses it I want to take full credit for the idea.

ok, no more hijack. rig looks bitchin.