General Dirt Bike Questions

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you pull it apart, take out all the jets and soak them in ammonia for 15 minutes and then rinse them well with water. The ammonia will break down any deposits in the jets.

sixstringsteve

Anyone have a hitch-mounted bike carrier they'd like to sell? I foolishly sold mine last year.

Caleb, I see you reviewed a rider cargo one on RMATV a couple years back? Still got it? Any chance you want to sell it?

Cascadia

Undecided
He could always add us to his racing team if he was a real friend. Then we could pick them up. Caleb, lets start an RME race team. We'll race every weekend to the trail in our trucks. Then enjoy the ride.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
What do you guys consider a good price for those hitch mount carriers? I see them on KSL from time to time but $200+ seems steep and the $100 HF one looks cheap.... Anyone here tried making their own?

jentzschman

What do you guys consider a good price for those hitch mount carriers? I see them on KSL from time to time but $200+ seems steep and the $100 HF one looks cheap.... Anyone here tried making their own?

RMATV has them 200 new so if they are going for 200 on ksl, seems like a better deal to buy one new

sixstringsteve

how do you guys wash your bikes? I've been taught to stay away from pressure washers wherever bearings are concerned. Do you just use a brush and soapy water? or a pressure washer? a hose?

How do you wash your chain?

D

Deleted member 12904

how do you guys wash your bikes? I've been taught to stay away from pressure washers wherever bearings are concerned. Do you just use a brush and soapy water? or a pressure washer? a hose?

How do you wash your chain?

I use a pressure washer after i spray it with the cheap purple power stuff from walmart.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jentzschman

I hose mine off then used some simple green and a tooth brush. Then rinse and repeat. If the grim is real bad the manual says some engine degreaser can be used.

My manual says to stay away from pressure washers.

Cascadia

Undecided
I noticed tonight, and before tonight, just didn't think about it. But when I am decelerating my bike pops from the exhaust. What does that mean?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
That can be caused by both lean and rich conditions. One of the challenges of jetting is that under many circumstances they behave similarly and you really need to look at how it behaves when it transitions from pilot to needle to main.

rholbrook

That can be caused by both lean and rich conditions. One of the challenges of jetting is that under many circumstances they behave similarly and you really need to look at how it behaves when it transitions from pilot to needle to main.

Start by turning your air screw 1/4 turn out first to see if it gets better. If it does, continue to go out with it, if not go back the other direction.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..

im in the process of designing a fancy one.

i bought one off ksl for 75 bucks. it works but ive had to weld up some of it that was just bolted.