Getting healthier in 2020. Who's in?

rholbrook

I am down from 270 to 230. I feel great and I too think I will race a few races this year starting in January. To me, I don’t see myself as down 40 until I run into someone I haven’t seen for a while and they say something about it. Happened again today at Home Depot. Now that I through the eating yourself sick season, my goal is to drop another 25 so here’s to a new goal of 205 lbs by the end of March.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I dropped 15 lbs of stress weight in January to 195. That's probably my ideal weight. I hovered at about 205-210 most of the year, but blossomed to a svelte 225 in November, mostly due to medication I think.

I have very little time to exercise properly right now, but I'm hopeful that this spring will bring a more forgiving schedule. Hopefully the early season triathlons don't get canceled as I've had the most luck using those to motivate myself to actually get off my ass.

4x4_Welder

Medications are a real wildcard for me. I'm pushing 250 and not feeling too great about it. They put me on a fake hormone pill, and then an anti depressant to counter that, so basically I don't care about the side effects.
I'm starting on this intermittent fasting fad, so let's see how that does.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My quick gain does feel superficial to me. I think it's a bunch of water weight, but the last two years of not exercising like my body is used to has finally eroded my cardio "base" to a point that I do feel that difference and it will take some time to build that back up. I probably do 4-6 miles on my feet every day, so I'm not totally stationary, but my body and my eating habits were based on a much more active lifestyle.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I’m going to try again this year too.

2020 I held pretty steady at 235. I really wasn’t dieting or anything. I did 100 push-ups a day for most of the summer. Then I took a few days off and never started back up.

Starting on the first i started cutting carbs. No bread, pizza, pasta and the like
I haven’t had a Mountain Dew in 9 days. 😳

I plan on just working on portion control and the low carb little sugar as possible and see what happens.

Starting with some mild exercise everyday and bringing back my pushups

Ideally I’d like to get back to 200 but I’m not super concerned

Really kicking around the idea of doing a couple desert races this year so just want more stamina to ride

4x4_Welder

Well, after a week and a half I'm down just over 5lbs consistently. Because of my work schedule, I can't do a proper 8/16 intermittent fast, but I have been working this more as a "don't sit there and snack until 7am" sort of thing. When I get home, I have a light dinner to go with my pills, and that's it. I haven't had soda in six months, I tried to stop drinking it to cut out sugar, but found out that was why my gut was constantly hurting. Oddly I've still been gaining since then.

ChestonScout

Do it. Desert racing is one of the best things I've ever done. It's so rewarding and motivates me to push myself.

Sent in my registration already. Thinking about mesquite but not sure I want to do it if it ends up being Grand Prix I might skip it. MX track and deep sand whoops I’m not good at

Also I’ve been drinking a gallon of water every day. It’s not as hard as I expected

Tonkaman

Sent in my registration already. Thinking about mesquite but not sure I want to do it if it ends up being Grand Prix I might skip it. MX track and deep sand whoops I’m not good at

Also I’ve been drinking a gallon of water every day. It’s not as hard as I expected
I haven’t looked at this years details, but typically I’d say Mesquite is the perfect first time spot. The courses are much shorter, it’s much easier to navigate the small loops, the mood is more relaxed, and there are far fewer people.

It’s actually a fun place to ride, just do it!

ChestonScout

Only 1 way to get better at them ;)
I haven’t looked at this years details, but typically I’d say Mesquite is the perfect first time spot. The courses are much shorter, it’s much easier to navigate the small loops, the mood is more relaxed, and there are far fewer people.

It’s actually a fun place to ride, just do it!

Fine! You twisted my arm! 😬

ChestonScout

I am getting up to pee 2 or 3 times a night

Gallon of water or old prostate issues??

We may never know 😂

I have only got through 3/4 of my gallon today. Thanks for the reminder!