good, cheap sunglasses... do they exist?

sixstringsteve

I ordered a couple pair of those from Zumiez and I like them! For being cheap glasses, they seem pretty solid! Thanks for sharing!

x2. I just got my 2 pair today and I'm really impressed. For $13 each, you can't go wrong. Let's hope they stay available for a while.

sixstringsteve

bringing this back up from the dead. I've loved my zumiez glasses for $13. They've now cracked and died after a LOT of great use. Now I'm looking for something polarized and under $50. Any recommendations?

skeptic

bringing this back up from the dead. I've loved my zumiez glasses for $13. They've now cracked and died after a LOT of great use. Now I'm looking for something polarized and under $50. Any recommendations?

Edge Eyewear is my choice for polarized ANSI certified safety sunglasses.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I can get a pretty decent discount on a lot of oakley products Steve, if you wanted to spend a bit more but not full retail.

https://www.oakleysi.com/

Anything on the site, you won't be able to see my prices but just PM me anything you are interested in and I'll let you know how much.

If you do want anything let me know, I'm actually about to order myself another pair in the next couple days

kellerexpress

Another option would be to keep your eye on some of the "rotating deal" type websites like steepandcheap or whiskeymilitia. I have found some nice name brand polarized shades there for a fraction of the cost of retail. I currently wear of pair of polarized dragons that i found online that have taken a ton of abuse and held up great.

sixstringsteve

My problem with Oakleys is that I break or lose them within 2 months. I love them before that point though.

Last edited:

skeptic

My problem with Oakleys is that I break or lose them within 2 months. I love them. Before that point though.

This - although for me it was Ray-Ban. Last time I lost a pair of Ray-Bans I decided to give a sub $50 pair a try. I'm the first to admit, in side-by-side comparisons I can tell the difference (found my Ray-Bans after buying a pair of Edge sunglasses). On the other hand $35 vs. $200, ability to use them as proper safety glasses, and no feeling guilty about abusing them. I can't speak for all of the cheaper brands, or all the expensive ones for that matter, but the Edge glasses are almost as good as my Ray-Bans and I don't wear the Ray-Bans anymore.