Good Moab trail suggestions (mild wheeling)

krazz1e

kane will give those rig scratches. It's also hard to follow now that atv/dirt bikes have torn it up.

allterrain

AllTerrain
I would agree that Kane Creek is not paint job friendly and the climb up the dugway and waterfall can pucker some newbies with big payments.

:)

Seven Mile is scenic (you go right between the Monitor and the Merimac- great lunch spot) and there are go fast Baja dirt roads before and you can do Rock Chucker near the end for the brave. Then blast down the streambed to the main road.

1993yj

No to Kane Creek, and No to Metal Masher. Kane Creek is obvious because of scratches, and on Metal Masher I wouldn't worry about mirror gulch as much as I would worry about the ledges about 5 min after the gulch.

Hell's and Poison Spyder would be my take, but next to Pritchett they are some of my favorite trails anyways.

Houndoc

Hard thread to follow. Is Hells Revenge and some of the others mentioned really "mild wheeling" for first time drivers? Esp considering these are expensive rigs that owners may not care to damage (although the rigs themsleves are probably plenty capable).

For easy but sceenic, I would second Chicken Corners and Onion Creek (very easy but a cool canyon). Also Gemini Bridges.

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Hard thread to follow. Is Hells Revenge and some of the others mentioned really "mild wheeling" for first time drivers? Esp considering these are expensive rigs that owners may not care to damage (although the rigs themsleves are probably plenty capable).

For easy but sceenic, I would second Chicken Corners and Onion Creek (very easy but a cool canyon). Also Gemini Bridges.

Hells Revenge has been a very popular trail in the past years with our customers because there is not a lot of potential body damage associated with the trail. We guide the customers through the difficult sections to try and prevent any trail mishaps

krazz1e

hells is overrated, and all the really hard obstacles that make it hard can be bypassed.

All you need is good clearance mainly. I think it's a good pucker factor for a newbie. But Hounddoc is right, there are easier trails. There is still potential for under carriage scrapes, and breakage if the spotter or the driver sucks.