Grade 8 bolts...cheap

Where can I buy grade 8 bolts cheap? Back in FL we had tractor supply which sold by the pound(was crazy cheap, I would buy about 5 bolts for every 1 that you could buy at lowes).

Is there anyplace like that here where I can buy by the pound?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You'd be getting Chinese made "grade 8" bolts for that price. Ok for most places, but the places that could cost you your life.

Way, way off topic, but don't we just shoot ourselves in the foot every time we buy Chinese made products, just to save a buck or two?

Cherokeester

You'd be getting Chinese made "grade 8" bolts for that price. Ok for most places, but the places that could cost you your life.

Way, way off topic, but don't we just shoot ourselves in the foot every time we buy Chinese made products, just to save a buck or two?

Specify please. How do you know Cal-Ranch and IFA are selling "chinese" bolts? Can you tell by some kind of marking or what? And if so, please offer a different solution as to where to go.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
NPS rules for cheap finds i just never have time to get down there, as for Cal ranch and IFA i thought their stuff was all american made?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

Just because something may come from China doesn't mean that it defaults to equaling garbage. It all comes down to quality control and standards; there's plenty of cheapassshit that's made right here in the good ol' USA. It all comes down to what the end user is willing to pay for. If you the end user demands cheap pricing, they will almost undoubtedly have to get along with lesser quality equipment/parts.

Back on topic... Is Nut & Bolt Supply still around? I used to get all my hardware from them.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Extrapolate.

See the Chinese sell us bolts for $10/pound and we can make them for $20 a pound. Then the Chinese turn around and purchase Widgets from us for $30 a widget where it would cost them $50 a widget to produce. This system is clearly penalizing our local Bolt makers at the benefit of our widget manufacturers. If it weren't for the hard work and values of our bolt manufacturers our country would fall apart, all those Widget makers are a godless group that wish to see the downfall of America. :hickey:

or something like that...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
See the Chinese sell us bolts for $10/pound and we can make them for $20 a pound. Then the Chinese turn around and purchase Widgets from us for $30 a widget where it would cost them $50 a widget to produce. This system is clearly penalizing our local Bolt makers at the benefit of our widget manufacturers. If it weren't for the hard work and values of our bolt manufacturers our country would fall apart, all those Widget makers are a godless group that wish to see the downfall of America. :hickey:

or something like that...

X2....Dang widgets.