Gravy's 2005 Liberty Renegade

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I do suck pretty bad, but I'm not the world's worst painter and what I lack in skill I make up for in prep and color sanding lol.

I painted the hood on my (previous DD) TJ and the tops of the fenders (it was almost the exact same color as this Jeep). It was a challenge to make it not look better than the rest of the paint job that Mopar originally did lol...

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
No one cares for a play by play. This is mostly just me documenting this...
I still don't have the transmission. He called me yesterday though. Said he slept all day yesterday and he'd build it overnight and I'd have it today? Seemed weird to say he'd work in the night but who knows 🤷 maybe he was saying he was sick? I'm a bit annoyed at this point.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
This is better than any daytime drama ever.

He says he'll have it done tonight when he text me at 2:53pm.
Then no answer on texts. Then he just called me 7:14pm. He's "headed to a buddy's house to get a piston from a core, it goes behind the center support" he thinks the one he has installed is "cocked sideways or something, it's kinda important." And "I'll have a call by 8am to get it to me."

If nothing else this guy is supremely confident everytime I talk to him 🤣

Genuinely- I'm in no hurry because I'm headed out of town for work tomorrow afternoon but like heck if I'm going to tell him that 😂

I'll share the whole text chain whenever I have the thing in my hands. I'm genuinely giving him zero stress and have never initiated communication outside of business hours. This guy is nice as can be, I think I'd hang out with him, he talks to me like we've been buddies for years 😂🤣😂. I zero percent expect a call outside of 9-5 M-F. So I think maybe all this might be true? I think the whole situation is kinda hilarious 😂

Last edited:

Pike2350

This guy reminds me of a past employee I had. He failed to complete basic tasks and then when it was getting into trouble. Then it was a mad rush to finish things only to be met with "issue" after "issue". He even slept in by a few hours and ended up with a Dr's not diagnosing him with some "condition" that made it so he couldn't get to sleep until his body gave put...but then couldn't wake up either :rolleyes: He didn't last long but I can't help but think of him when I read these updates.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
As of 10:15am today. Rotating assembly is together. He ordered a new snap ring, it was too big had to get another one. Then meetings with the city until 1pm. And then he'll call me with an update. Phew what a roller coaster 😂😂🎢

.... and then ....

What happened? Do you have a transmission in your hands? I'm on pins/needles here :D