Hardline90's CJ7 RE-visited

Coco

Its pretty much done. He still needs to build the boat sides, and skidplate, but other than that its finished.

Vid of it firing up. It was pretty dang loud, it has different mufflers now.

Coco

We took this out on NYE for a shake down run. The ORIs, and the motor are pure awesome! He offered to let me drive, but I said not yet. (let him learn his buggy, and if I drove it, chances are I would want one of those motors :D)

Bart

I realize it's just getting on the trail, but does he think the 5.3 has all the power he will want? I keep going between a 5.3 and a 6.0 or 6.2.

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I think this motor will be plenty of power. The L33 Is rated at 350 hp stock and it sure seems like it runs pretty healthy. I think I'm really going to l like it.

Bart

That really sounds like the perfect motor. I hadn't heard of the 5.3 HO. What did it come in or the better question is, where can I find one?

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I got mine from Brian at BD Turnkey and from the information he has put out, Chevy only made them for a few years, so not very common. They came in the higher end GM and GMC trucks from 2005 to 2007 and only 10 to 15% of those. The L33 version has the all aluminum block which is 80 lbs lighter than the cast block and has LS6 heads and flat top pistons, which is why they call it the High Output. I was just lucky that Brian had one come in when I was looking. He states on his website that he can take the LM7 version of the 5.3 and add a hotter cam and get get close to the 350 hp. Maybe an option...