Helicopters/drones for filming

sixstringsteve

I may just have to get one of these. I'm seriously impressed. I know there are "cooler" options out there with more features, but I want simple and effective.

[video=youtube;lbt9qncAk1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbt9qncAk1g[/video]

sixstringsteve

Yes, that is quite basic. Look at what brandon's cost to build. And the sad part, in a year it'll cost half that, just like computers.

jentzschman

I could not find anything about camera controls? Are you able to control camera angles and position?

Even if it does not offer this, that is still a great deal. Best part is it uses a go pro so no need to be the camera as well. (or at least damage a camera that is over ~300) I would hate too damage a camera under there that is like 1-2k .... yikes)

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I saw one at verizon that had a HD camera in it... it feed the video back to your smart phone via bluetooth and it was also controlled by your smartphone via bluetooth... they were only a couple hundred bucks...

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
How do your heli's do in the wind or slight breeze ?

Depends on the size and type of heli, my little micro coaxial heli sucks with any kind of wind. But my same size traditional heli doesn't even get bothered by the wind. My larger coaxial isn't bothered to much. Just depends on the type of heli and size

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I originally just wanted something basic that I could put a camera on, but kept getting pulled in by the GPS features, I like the safety features that GPS will bring to the table. I almost bought the Storm Drone 4, but honestly I couldn't get past how cheap the foam balls they used for landing gear made it seem. With this package I get the GPS and more stability from 2 additional rotors. I'm open to other options, but I haven't seen one out there with these components for a similar price. It seems like a good unit that I can upgrade components on as I need/want more features.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I originally just wanted something basic that I could put a camera on, but kept getting pulled in by the GPS features, I like the safety features that GPS will bring to the table. I almost bought the Storm Drone 4, but honestly I couldn't get past how cheap the foam balls they used for landing gear made it seem. With this package I get the GPS and more stability from 2 additional rotors. I'm open to other options, but I haven't seen one out there with these components for a similar price. It seems like a good unit that I can upgrade components on as I need/want more features.

I agree 100% with you on the gps, but 4 blades are super stable.
In my opinion I don't think you can go wrong with this as a starter

http://www.bladehelis.com/350QX/Default.aspx

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
how about this one...

1493130_710146819009219_1556830611_n.jpg

Not a mosquito.
It's an insect spy drone for urban areas, already in production, funded by the US Government. It can be remotely controlled and is equipped with a camera and a microphone. It can land on you, and it may have the potential to take a DNA sample or leave RFID tracking nanotechnology on your skin. It can fly through an open window, or it can attach to your clothing until you take it in your home. ( Sorry to scare ya'll )