Helldorado, Strike Ravine... its getting ugly!

camicaztoy

has anyone heard from sorces at ejs about the status of lower during the safari? i mean has anyone actually driven down there and reported back??

gtidrivr

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that if we take into consideration the fact that this is going to be a big ordeal, shouldn't we just stay off the land until we know what is happening for sure? I would think that the more she makes herself and partner look like an A$$ the better off we are as a community.

Maybe thats not the case... if so please speak up!

Besides this trail is is COOL but dont kid yourself... you know you would rather do Upper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caleb

gtidrivr said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that if we take into consideration the fact that this is going to be a big ordeal, shouldn't we just stay off the land until we know what is happening for sure? I would think that the more she makes herself and partner look like an A$$ the better off we are as a community.

Maybe thats not the case... if so please speak up!

Besides this trail is is COOL but dont kid yourself... you know you would rather do Upper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats pretty much how I see it...dont know what others think though...

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
drtsqrl said:
The court ruled pretty much as we expected today. The Strike Ravine trail is to remain open for now, but the landowners will be allowed to close Lower Helldorado. San Juan County is claiming both trails. I'm sure there will be more legal battles, and the ultimate outcome remains to be seen. As we suspected, unless we can prove that Lower Helldorado was a road prior to 1992, there seems to be little chance of saving it.

Jeff

As I understand it, Lower is now officially closed (temporarily) until the court decides what to do with it. Strike Ravine is to remain open during the litigation.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
James K said:
these people just keep proving to me that they bought the land just to close the area down.....................not with the intent to build a home.......whiney ass eco freaks :mad:

Dosen't what the lady and her feller sound a little over the top it just sounds fake to me. I've never messed with a Squrriel Humper before but this lady would say you where hurassing (sp) her if you looked funny at her. I thought it was funny when she said that some one tried to run her over while she was taking pictures of his license plat and it must have really pissed the other guy off to start running over small tree's :rolleyes: shoot they'll say anything to get what they want :mad2: -_-

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That is the biggest crock I have ever heard. Sounds way to unrealistic. Now they are just attention whoring. :mad2:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Apparently fiction is now allowed in the paper, so I say we write our own story to be printed in the tribune. The hippy cowboy hat chick actually came to my house last night, you know. She pointed a gun at me and slashed the tires on my Jeep. :eek:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm trying to find a public forum for this artical on the slctrib website. I have some opinions to offer.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
RockMonkey said:
Apparently fiction is now allowed in the paper, so I say we write our own story to be printed in the tribune. The hippy cowboy hat chick actually came to my house last night, you know. She pointed a gun at me and slashed the tires on my Jeep. :eek:

Then crapped on my hood.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I created a thread on Pirate to see if we can locate the actual people involved or somebody who was there to shed some real light on the subject.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Herzog said:
I created a thread on Pirate to see if we can locate the actual people involved or somebody who was there to shed some real light on the subject.

thanks it will be nice to hear what they have to say.

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
A buddy of mine actually ran into the same people trying to stop them from finishing a trail in "Cyote Canyon" I don't know for sure but they said that there was a heated arguement for about 30 mins and the person that claimed to have been run over by the jeep was scammering and hopping over VW sized rocks on the trail trying to take pictures of licence plates, with no apparent difficulty. I don't know for sure but If I had been pinned down by a jeep I think I would not be jumping around on my "bad"leg. A crock of crap if you ask me. :rolleyes: