Hello from Alaska.. (Pic's)

redrockrover

That has got to be a trip of a life time. One day I will do the same thing. Love the pictures. You will have to do a complete write up and more pictures when you get back.

Russ

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
We are three for three... I just got a Black bear today... :)

5' Male.. He is small but i'll take it for a first one.. fish and game said he is about average for the area we got him in......

BTW do not think for A min that these are easy hunts, I have done more hiking this week than I ever have in my life, no joke.. my legs hurt sooo bad, my knees are swollen and I have done some nerve damage to my foot and I have lost feeling in my big toe on my right foot, considering two of the guys (brother and his buddy) are doctors they said it should come back with time.. ALL STILL WORTH IT!! We have decided to make this an annual event, so i'll be putting in for sheep and goat tags for next season!!:)

We leave tonight for moose again for the oher two members of our party to fill their tags..

So here are a few more pics for ya...

Attachments

• Picture 103.jpg
    Picture 103.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 101.jpg
    Picture 101.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 39

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Did you shoot the Bear with your 44? Nice job, it looks like your having a great time. :cool:
NO, the 44 is a safty device.. nothing like being able to walk in to the grocery store and not only NOT have the police called but to be stopped by others just to chat about hunting.. Alaskans are a differant breed! Love it up here.. if it were not a frozen waistland in winter i would move here!

i'll have a few more pic's soon.. including the griz tracks we happened upon...:freak:

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Few more pic's
the griz track is awesome!

Attachments

• Picture 166.jpg
    Picture 166.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 168.jpg
    Picture 168.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 173.jpg
    Picture 173.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 37

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
leaving for the last of our hunts today.. my brother and his friend both have goat tags and we will be backpacking in after them tomorrow after a small skiff ride across the bay.. we plan to spend 4 days on the mountain, if all goes well it will go quicker! i'll take more pics and post them up when we are back!:D

Houndoc

Love it up here.. if it were not a frozen waistland in winter i would move here!

Take that as wasteland (too many of us was waistlands all year round).

Where in Alaska are you working out of?

It is a cool state, with each part so different (I have spent time in Anchorage, Nome and down in the pan-handle south of Juneau.)

Great work on putting in the hard effort to make the hunts work out!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Were it not for photographic evidence, I'd call BS on this entire thread. I've known Olli for a long time, and I find it highly unlikely he could remain quiet or even operate at subdued tones for long enough to hunt something that isn't deaf.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Take that as wasteland (too many of us was waistlands all year round).

Where in Alaska are you working out of?

It is a cool state, with each part so different (I have spent time in Anchorage, Nome and down in the pan-handle south of Juneau.)

Great work on putting in the hard effort to make the hunts work out!

I'm only on vacation, but I spent alot of my childhood in Homer comercial fishing, and hunting. My brother is now a doctor @ the hospital here in Anchorage.
We had all the hunts well planned before I ever got here and it has been the most greuling two weeks of hunting I have ever had. we just got back from the goat hunt and were successful and got a 9.5 incher, it is just above average.

Last edited:

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Were it not for photographic evidence, I'd call BS on this entire thread. I've known Olli for a long time, and I find it highly unlikely he could remain quiet or even operate at subdued tones for long enough to hunt something that isn't deaf.

Oh cody, your jelousy makes me smile!:D i know its hard not to be center of attention for a min, but hey your welcome to the BBQ when i get home, you can run your mouth there! i'll be serving bear; moose, sheep, goat and red salmon.. Oh and of course your favorite, BEER! :)

more pic's for ya

Attachments

• Picture 181.jpg
    Picture 181.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 189.jpg
    Picture 189.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 188.jpg
    Picture 188.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 226.jpg