Hole in the Rock Trail - 3-6-13

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
It was a GREAT trip - I don't regret any part of it. I'd really like to bring my whole family next time.

I can't thank you and your BIL enough. You guys sacrificed most of your trip to help us out. It is awesome to meet and wheel with people of your caliber.

I have to thank everyone who helped us out on this trip. Towing a dead rig out of that trail was a real eye opener for me. I know we couldn't have done it alone if for no reason other than the moral support (not to mention the spots Cody gave us a tug). It was a great trip even with the broken rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
That was, I think, a one in a million trip. We saw all the weather options for the area in March, Sunny and 69* moving to clouds with a few drops of rain, to raining like all get out, to snow plastered everywhere the next morning. How many times would you have to go there to see water running in the dry washes? We saw amazing cloud formations over mesa's snow clad only on the top half. To the folks on the way home with us please bear with me for I must repeat myself, I have lived in many beautiful places but nothing has matched the grandeur, the drama of this state.

-frieed

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Glockman, your kids were great too. I never heard a single complaint from them. I look forward to you coming on more trips with us.

finn188

Thanks for letting me come with you guys on this trip, we had a great time, and like Andrew said, no regrets. Yeah, we didnt make it to the end of the trail, but that just means we have an excuse to go back! Glockman- sorry about plugging in your immobilizer! I was sure that hot wiring your jeep would get you going again but alas, it was not to be. Please let me know what you end up having to do to get back up and running again.

STAG

On my grind
I've never been more jealous about a trip than from this report, looks like a great time and is great motivation to me.

And it's awesome to see your Tacoma with the plate bumper you wanted :cool:

DAA

Very nice! Great report, love all the pics and vids. Well done as usual!

Oh, I don't think that was the rock tossing spot though Steve. Your pictures from hiking Iceberg are closer to it I think.

- DAA

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Thanks for letting me come with you guys on this trip, we had a great time, and like Andrew said, no regrets. Yeah, we didnt make it to the end of the trail, but that just means we have an excuse to go back! Glockman- sorry about plugging in your immobilizer! I was sure that hot wiring your jeep would get you going again but alas, it was not to be. Please let me know what you end up having to do to get back up and running again.

Don't worry about it. Anyone who saw that wire would have plugged it in. My boss always tells me if you don't ever break anything is because you aren't working on anything. I appreciate the time you took work on our rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Of course I'm a little jealous of you guys right now, I really wanted to do this trip again this year. Great report as always Steve. Glockman you obviously showed one of Steve's biggest requirements for going on his trips and that is good attitude, I've never wheeled with you but I wouldn't hesitate to go on a run with you at any time.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Of course I'm a little jealous of you guys right now, I really wanted to do this trip again this year. Great report as always Steve. Glockman you obviously showed one of Steve's biggest requirements for going on his trips and that is good attitude, I've never wheeled with you but I wouldn't hesitate to go on a run with you at any time.

I still want to make it down this year, we'll have to plan a trip when you get back Brian! We'll have to take glockman along so we can take him to the end of the trail :cool: