Hole in the Rock trail - March

Coco

Sorry Im not rich and can afford to go to both trips...

Drained my bank account delivering parts to someone over the last year :rolleyes: :rofl:

sixstringsteve

There are 3 more spots left.

(sorry to hear you can't join us this time skully. There will be other trips.)

Last edited:

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
When things go wrong it usually happens in threes.... While under the samurai I noticed my steering linkage is bent, so I guess I will have to do a high steer set up before the trip. So now that I'm screwing with steering I better throw on the power steering setup I've had sitting around for a year, that means I need to relocate the air intake from drivers side to passenger side and that means fab work, and now I'm messing with the exhaust to clear the bigger fuel tank I might as well throw on the header that been on the shelf for 6 months.

What comes next??

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Just finished the book. Checking out maps now

Lucky!

I haven't had time to start, between my job and time at the shop rebuilding the Samurai... I have to give up something, and it won't be sleep. So I have to choose between going to he gym and reading a book, and reading a book doesn't get me ready for the Tough Mudder in October. I need all he gym time I can for that one, 7 workouts a week right now and resting on Saturday and Sunday.

Now back to the shop for a few hours...:)

sixstringsteve

Just finished the book.

Did you enjoy it? I'm on page 500. I finally heard the term "hole in the rock" for the first time in the book. Now I know why it's called what it is. I wish I could see what it looked like before Lake Powell was there.

t5performance

We did this trail two years ago. It is allot of fun. We have a trip planned for May this year. I did not read all the post so I am not sure if you have ran this trail or not. But if you are interested I have a pretty good GPS track for this trail. It has allot of cool way points the go along with the pioneer trail. View attachment Hole in the rock.gpx

Last edited:

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I got a to done on the Samurai today, power steering in done, high steer is done, fuel tank is wired up, diff is full of oil, exhaust manifold is off and header is in place but I am waiting for some flange nuts to install and then it is off to the exhaust shop. I still want to modify my air tank and mount it on the back door above my compressor, that should be an easy one. Then it's time to work on the trailer, I hope to have it to a point that it is workable for some testing.

sixstringsteve

We did this trail two years ago. It is allot of fun. We have a trip planned for May this year. I did not read all the post so I am not sure if you have ran this trail or not. But if you are interested I have a pretty good GPS track for this trail. It has allot of cool way points the go along with the pioneer trail. View attachment 70632

Thank you! It never hurts to have another GPX file for the trip.