Hole in the Rock trail - March

Plumcrazy

Formerly GVHS
Did you all set a final date? The first weekend wont work for me but second weekend could be a go, just not sure what you all decided...

yota87truck

Yotas ROCK
Still have room for another vehicle? I found this trail a while back and really want to go on it. Just saw this thread today and it's really short notice. I don't know if I will be able to go but if you have room for me I might be interested.

I have a 98 Tacoma with 33s, e locker, sliders, off road F&R bumpers. -- Carson

sixstringsteve

yes, there's room for a couple more vehicles. We would love to have you join us. I'll put you on the "undecided" list until you're sure you can go.

4biker

Well I got my diffs pulled this morning and on the way to get new 4.88's installed. It's like Christmas! I don't love lying under the front of that 4runner with the suspension and drivetrain pulled - a little spooky. Hopefully I'll be installing them on Thurs and start the break-in process ASAP.

4biker

Yep, Skippy has them now. Did you use special gear oil for your break-in, or just regular stuff that you'll swap out at 500 miles?

4biker

Here is the way it looks right now, all sad and lonely in the Garage...

IMG_2187.jpg

Last edited:

jeffe03

After a great deal of discussion with my family, I'll be bringing three kids with me: 8 & 10 yr old sons, and 12 year old daughter. They are very excited to go and happy that there will be other kids there too.

Remote

Hey Mr. Steve,
I honor you with my first post on RME. I have been a lurker till now.
We traded a few PMs on the Toyota forum a few weeks ago (half-track avatar).
The Sirens song from HITRT keeps calling me back and your invitation did not help at all. SRS will have to go on the back burner to allow for this "spur of the moment, venture forth" to meet with you good folks somewhere on the trail. Don't put me on the formal list but if it is good weather and you come across a paper plate on the side of the trail with the elusive text "RMETSC NEXT STOP", that will be me.

Terry

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Glad you made it over here terry! We would be honored to have you join us. We will be looking for your paper plate.

I'll be planning a trip to the swell soon, so all is not lost.

Remote

Thanks Mr Steve,
Darn You, I guess I am committed now.
I suppose it is getting pretty close to the time to talk about mutual Tacoma spares and such. I generally carry Tie rod ends, 1 each L and R outers plus 1 inner, 1 ADD front CV, DS u-joints, belts and of course the necessary skills, tools and fluids.
Would It be OK for me to offer a good faith suggestion with regards to the time line of YOUR TRIP?

Last edited: