I need some tire suggestions

Cherokeester

There are what I consider the "new" a/t's.
http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=266

I only put 10k on mine, so I don't know how long they last. I do know that they didn't wear nearly as fast as my old coopers, and they stayed very balanced for me and had exceptional traction. I've yet to find another tire with the same dry and snow traction. I plan on running them again.

That tire does have a different tread design than the old Big O AT. The old one seemed to copy the BFG AT. I guess the Big O warranty would be a bonus as well eh?

There are what I consider the "new" a/t's.
http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=266

I only put 10k on mine, so I don't know how long they last. I do know that they didn't wear nearly as fast as my old coopers, and they stayed very balanced for me and had exceptional traction. I've yet to find another tire with the same dry and snow traction. I plan on running them again.

The "new" BigO AT's are what I put on the '06 last fall. I drove it for about another month and then someone else took it over and I got the '08. Granted, they were new, but they had great traction in the snow at the cabin and mud out at the mines, not to mention the highway.

Houndoc

BFG A/T is the best all around tire, period.

I'll agree with that. I got nearly 80K out of the first set I ran on my Montero Sport, and went back to them after a failed experiment with a different tire.

I have also liked Cooper Discoverer ATs in the past. Currently have them on my Ram 2500 (now named Discoverer ATRs.) Not sure yet just how long they will last, but they seem to be doing well.

sixstringsteve

Man, I hated my BFG A/Ts for traction. Couldn't stand 'em in the snow/ice, mud, or even loose stuff. They weren't that great at anything for my vehicle ('85 runner). But some people swear by them. To each his own. Not trying to start a fight, just trying to state my experience with them.

YOUKNOW

I am also running the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 series tire. I love them, and I loved the price too. I ran BFG A/T's on my F-250 that I used to have, and got good mileage out of them, I think around 55,000 miles. They cupped like crazy though. The Hankooks are cheaper, and I have had really good luck with them in the snow. For a Daily driver, I would recommend them. Good luck.

Last edited:

mierdota

I really like the good year silent armors they do really good in all types of weather and they last a long time.