I swear some people should not be allowed in Moab

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
People gotta be dumb to roll right there.. I love that the dude was spotting that giant CJ off the waterfall. Badcop = dumdum...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
People gotta be dumb to roll right there.. I love that the dude was spotting that giant CJ off the waterfall. Badcop = dumdum...

Not necessarily... I remember my very first trip to Moab. That terrain is just different and mistakes are easily made. I almost got myself into quite a few bad situations the first few trips I ever made down there in a Jeep. :D

Houndoc

First, I can't believe this thread is being updated after almost 4 years...

Second, on the Crown Vic....should we all be impressed or depressed that he could make it in that rig!

Can't help but wonder if the Geo was stolen, esp the way they quickly took off leaving body parts behind.

With Bad Cop's roll, not sure why that equals 'stupid'- a pretty simple error of taking a turn on a trail too tight. Seems pretty easy to do when new to the trail and no spotter. I'd say that video is more a reminder how easily things can go wrong than a reason to insult anyone.

zukijames

ive been told they picked up the geo for 100 dollars on the way down here.. had fun with it.. then put a rock on the throttle trying to blow it up and couldnt .. ended up having to have a tow truck come get it lol

he drove off fast ... to come around and do it again.. this is what george breakall told me.. notice his truck in the back.. i have footage off his camera of it.. coming down psh is scary in a rock crawler.. i give the guys props for doing it in a geo

Spidey

crown vic= awesome. geo=awesome. awesome awesome. my gut hurts and cheeks are sore. I've always loved that geo clip so funny. I wouldn't have done it without a helmet.

Anybody see that guy last year in the unlocked stock mid nineties cherokee on psh for 45 minutes big friday night? way cooler than all the tools romping up the left side in their buggies. the best was when he drove back down, the crowd yelled "do it again" he replied, "I cant hurt it, it's not mine!" that thing started with half tread on the tires and by the time he was done they were all slicks and in some spots to the cords.

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZKO9NeBhHg

This is a friend of mine and his trip up potato salad, we were there on mothers day weekend of 09'. Another guy we were with kept going up and giving him some crap. After enuff crap Dave got feed up with him and took off. Dave has been up it a few times before but was tired of hearing it. When he took off he was pissed, I looked at my wife and said "oh sh*t, this should be interesting".
Dwayne

The funny part is, after everything was done and we righted him, Todd(the other guy) walked up to him and said .......Dave, you picked a bad line!!! we just started busting up.

Last edited:

Coco

and carrying a little too much speed. Is that a manual? I bet if he could have pushed the clutch, it would have gave him a chance to save it, or try to get into reverse, but when it is actually happening to you, it is always a different story. another thing, dont wheel pissed, it never turns out good lol. I was the same way in my old Jeep.

LT.

You know, I'll bet that I am one of those folks who should not be allowed in Moab. Once I caught a good bounce on the top of PSH that kept me from going over. This was before I listened to the advice of Bart and Sprueitt and installed a cage. Another time, I made out with the rocks, tongue and all, just to make folks laugh. Another time, I let my brother in law drive over the top of me while I laid down in the Wedge and filmed him. I have even given up a box of Samoas to a fella on this site. Why, just so I could meet him in person.

By the way, I'll have another box for you Tacoma.

LT.

Coco

^^^

I havent seen many other vehicles do it any other way, you start on that side, and you get just like that JK, and it scoots (slides) you towards the hole, and you drive right up it. It does get tippy tho. It wasnt her fault.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Damn, I bet she felt like crap even if it wasn't really her fault. As one wife said this past weekend as a UTV flipped on Escalator, "Darwinism at its best".

As for the spot where "Badcop" rolled, there was a group of 4-runners coming down the Waterfall on Friday as we were heading up. All I can say is they were fuggin slow and after the first 2 of 6 rigs took 5 minutes to get down we asked if they were going to be awhile. They got the hint and let us get by them. I hugged the right side and zipped up past them and they had that "how did he do that" look on their faces. I'm surprised none of them rolled considering they had 3 different spotters telling them what to do.

I will never be a lead vehicle on a trail I am not familiar with, we learn best by watching the line of the lead rig and you are indeed stupid if you try leading without knowing or having a spotter.

Bart

That is the line for shorter wheelbases for sure. I've done it many times and it always feels tippy. I like to bring longer wheel base rigs more directly into the corner. YMMV.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
It looks like the front end was locked. With that wheelbase they should've disengaged any lockers. They idea is to scoot across, you don't want super traction in that spot.