I swear some people should not be allowed in Moab

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
That's the line I spot everyone up, I usually put a tow strap on the passenger side with a few people pulling on it to prevent flops.

zukijames

the guy driving is 82 and doesn't have hydro assist.. thats why he wasn't turning all the way blah blah the spotter is fairly known on here and has probably been through prichett more than all of us combined and i'd trust her.. im only 2 inch shorter wb then lou(old man driving) and i take that line..

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
the guy driving is 82 and doesn't have hydro assist.. thats why he wasn't turning all the way blah blah the spotter is fairly known on here and has probably been through prichett more than all of us combined and i'd trust her.. im only 2 inch shorter wb then lou(old man driving) and i take that line..

I was thinking I recognized her. Her and her group know that canyon better than most. :) Completely wasn't her fault as it is the line for most rigs. I wouldn't even know how to spot a JK through there, they are long & heavy!

Any word if they driver was ok? That's quite the adrenaline dump for 82 years of age!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I was there that day too. Turns out he still had both front and rear sway bars connected. Once the rear right tire started to lift just an inch or so, it was over faster than than anyone could even say stop! It might not have been the perfect line for that vehicle or driver, but she had taken a bunch of other rigs up the exact same way successfully. When you are on an obstacle like that, there is always a chance of a flop regardless of driver or spotter skills.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
... And it looks like he was locked up, which I don't think he wanted to be - to be able to scoot over...

Shoulda ordered the Xtra large locker switches. ;)

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I was there that day too. Turns out he still had both front and rear sway bars connected. Once the rear right tire started to lift just an inch or so, it was over faster than than anyone could even say stop! It might not have been the perfect line for that vehicle or driver, but she had taken a bunch of other rigs up the exact same way successfully. When you are on an obstacle like that, there is always a chance of a flop regardless of driver or spotter skills.

Holy crap, I guess someone needs to educate the driver on his own rig.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
^ I disagree. If the point is to scoot the truck to the left from there (done it myself once or twice in my old '85 4runner, but you've most likely done it a lot more than me) then I would not want the front locker engaged; you can't bump it over to the left if you have too much traction. Maybe his tire/weight/wheelbase was the perfect combo that day and it was just high traction no matter what.. I don't know if he was locked up, as I'm just judging from what I saw in the video. I perceived that the front was locked, because it looks like it. FWIW, my old 4runner had the same wheelbase but probably didn't weigh as much.