I think I want a varmint riffle...I know nothing.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Well i skimmed through most of this and didnt see much on the transport of firearms. In Utah is is unlawfull to have a shotgun or rifle loaded. loaded as in one in the chamber, magazines do not count. Handguns Can be loaded. They have recently changed the law to where your hand guns can be loaded, within reach, and concealed in your own vehical just as if its your own house. You dont need gun cases or out of reach firearms and ammunition to transport.

I would recomend a 5.56 bolt action for a new shooter that wants to learn to shoot and eventualy kill coyotes. 22LR is great for first timmers but is just too small to humanly put down a yote, and the way ammo has been i would steer away from it.

$.02

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
At this point I'm leaning away from the smaller guns. The one 22 I did shoot, I had no problems at all with it. I would like to shoot some guns a size or two bigger to see how I like them. Maybe a trip to the gun store/range is in order. I should have mentioned that I am planning on a hunters safety course before I shoot a gun I purchase. So that will be taken care of.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Use a rifle scope for long distances and a red dot on an angle for the shorter shots

My understanding, and I'm not a lawyer, is that you can have any firearm in a vehicle loaded but not chambered. No requirement to be outside of your reach.
I think if you are going to transport, use or buy a firearm more than 2 to 3 times a year you should just get a CCW. It is so easy and makes every aspect of owning and using firearms so much simpler where the law is concerned.

Caleb

At this point I'm leaning away from the smaller guns. The one 22 I did shoot, I had no problems at all with it. I would like to shoot some guns a size or two bigger to see how I like them. Maybe a trip to the gun store/range is in order. I should have mentioned that I am planning on a hunters safety course before I shoot a gun I purchase. So that will be taken care of.

Personally, I don't really enjoy shooting .22s. I like to be able to see where I'm hitting and with a .22, that's pretty tough when you're shooting any kind of distance. (not that you can shoot incredibly far with a .22 anyways) .22 ammo is getting easier to find, but you still won't find it on the shelf like most other calibers. Just sign up for some alerts from wikiarms and I bet within a week you'll have some on it's way. I don't pay more than $.06 a round for .22 and I still have multiple boxes a week that are sent to Cabelas.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
A round that hasn't been mentioned yet is the .22 Hornet. This is my perfect coyote medicine, but for only up to medium ranges only. Very easy to shoot, very accurate and cheap to reload. My preference when hunting coyotes is to shoot between 40 and 80 yards. This is close enough for the Hornet to kill cleanly, but not so close that the coyote will be alarmed by slight movements as you bring the cross hairs onto target. It's an old load, but still very useful. I have a nice 10/22 and a Ruger Ranch Mini 14 in .223 that also get used, but the Hornet gets the nod when coyotes are to hunted.