Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

The_Lobbster

Whoa whoa whoa what now? Jk

It is funny because I can find someone’s address by their name but their license plate does nothing for me.

There was a meme years ago about how poor people with crappy cars cover their plates and rich people with supercars don’t.
You can actually pay to run a plate and find somebodies info. Legally, you’re only supposed to do it if you’re LE, or a tow company, that sort of thing. But it’s still doable.

The_Lobbster

I miss the old days when you could put someone's phone number in google and get their name, address, map to their house and a satellite view.
Fast people search,

It’s fairly accurate. Couple that, along with the county assessor to verify who owns or lives there. That’s how I’ve bought some of my vehicles dirt cheap, when going and knocking on the door doesn’t work.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
You can actually pay to run a plate and find somebodies info. Legally, you’re only supposed to do it if you’re LE, or a tow company, that sort of thing. But it’s still doable.
Yeah I’m just cheap. I’ve used whitepages.com for a couple decades. It wants you to pay but on a computer you can get around it. Also, county records are super easy if they own property. The SL county assessor parcel search is effective.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If built means bolted on. This dude has been visiting Deseret Wellness.

Hey that’s my level of fab. Insert slot A into Tab B and tighten

Corban_White

Your phone number didn’t pull you up? The phone number function is all I use and it’s been pretty accurate for me.
Not my phone number I've had for the last couple of years. Or the one I had before that. I can't remember the one I had before that, but my wife has had the same number for the last ~20 years and it doesn't pull hers up either. My current address doesn't find me (2.5 years), or my last address (lived there for 16 years), or my name. I guess other than RME, I keep a pretty low profile online?

N-Smooth

Not my phone number I've had for the last couple of years. Or the one I had before that. I can't remember the one I had before that, but my wife has had the same number for the last ~20 years and it doesn't pull hers up either. My current address doesn't find me (2.5 years), or my last address (lived there for 16 years), or my name. I guess other than RME, I keep a pretty low profile online?
if they develop a search tool based on RME screen names we're all screwed :rofl:

N-Smooth