Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Not a classified ad, but seemed appropriate to shame this guy somewhere.

I wish I could say this is the first time I’ve seen a car on i15 with 1” straps, but it’s sadly not.

They aren’t even tight.

View attachment 169636
I saw a SXS on a trailer going over Parleys the other weekend that was only "secured" by the SXS's winch.😬
Needless to say, I gave him a wide berth...

The_Lobbster

Had an 80cf cylinder for sale on KSL for $125.

Dude offered me $100, I politely declined, so he said okay he’ll still take it. Asked if I preferred cash or Venmo, I said cash.

Tells me his coworker lives in Springville, and he’ll have him pick it for him.

Coworker shows up, hands me a FAT envelope. I open it and find 50 $2 bills, a $20, and a $5. They all look and feel real, but thought it’s still strange.

IMG_1944.jpeg

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

Dude offered me $100, I politely declined, so he said okay he’ll still take it. Asked if I preferred cash or Venmo, I said cash.

Tells me his coworker lives in Springville, and he’ll gave him pick it for him.

Coworker shows up, hands me a FAT envelope. I open it and find 50 $2 bills, a $20, and a $5. They all look and feel real, but thought it’s still strange.

View attachment 169768
That's awesome. I still have a couple $2 bills somewhere. My (crazy) grandma said they're be worth money someday :rofl:

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

Tells me his coworker lives in Springville, and he’ll gave him pick it for him.

View attachment 169768
I get a stack of $2 bills every couple months. Use them for driver tips while I’m at work.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor

$5600 for a 3.no 4Runner with a busted transmission. This guy is way out to lunch.
I don't think it has a bad transmission. The wife needs something with an automatic.

Still way too much money. And what's up with the custom extendo-shifter?

Pike2350

Man....some people just smoke way too much stuff. a 3 year old Gladiator with nothing more then lift, regear, tires, winch and bumpers (that is listed anyway) and yet, he is asking $20k over what MSRP was in 2021. I also love the very crappy photos for most of it, and the enticing first phot with I assume is his wife. I can't tell if this is a "look honey, I'm trying to sell it" kind of thing, or if he is really that delusional.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Man....some people just smoke way too much stuff. a 3 year old Gladiator with nothing more then lift, regear, tires, winch and bumpers (that is listed anyway) and yet, he is asking $20k over what MSRP was in 2021. I also love the very crappy photos for most of it, and the enticing first phot with I assume is his wife. I can't tell if this is a "look honey, I'm trying to sell it" kind of thing, or if he is really that delusional.

@Hickey could get someone into a brand new one for way less than that. They'd probably have enough money leftover for the "mods" that one has too.

ID Bronco

Remember, it only takes one.

I bet folks have thought this about things I've posted. I have a project Blazer out there for sale and got a message the other day that I was on crack and it was only worth 10% of what I am asking.