Is it ok to have a "make light of" thread?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
But if the trailor tyres and leave springs come with, that's a fair deal their giving you.

hdch.gif

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Whi
If there were such a thing, and it only cost $10, wouldn't we all buy it???

While my wench does take the male fitting, I can’t seem to see where the outer casing is going to fit.

Last edited:

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
PXL_20210706_140618689.MP.jpg

PXL_20210706_140605859.jpg

Saw this in midvale this morning. My first thought is that it was a joke, but on closer inspection it seems this might have built with a straight face.

I just.....don't understand.

J-mobzz

View attachment 138997

View attachment 138998

Saw this in midvale this morning. My first thought is that it was a joke, but on closer inspection it seems this might have built with a straight face.

I just.....don't understand.
I understand this isn't everyone's style but that looks like a caged, built car to me. I personally can't make light of someone else's car that looks to be a legit street/track car. I've seen some of the most hideous-looking aro on cars that hold corners faster than anything else on the track.

The front splitter and rear spoiler may look dumb to some but #becauseracecar

Like this locally built owned GTR from Lyfe Motorsports. The aro is stupid big but it was the aro that made it the world's fastest GTR in 2019.

23646248058_6d1a121326_b.jpg

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I've seen him at UMC on track days. He's legit.
Ok, sure. Maybe it's fast. But at what cost?

I suppose there are jeep equivalents out there giving "fugly" new meaning, but are serious trail machines. I just can't help thinking that this is a visually appealing machine to a certain demographic. And I'm not it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, sure. Maybe it's fast. But at what cost?
As in dolla, dolla billz? Relative to the GTR above, pennies on the dollar. As the most popular sportscar in history, Miata's, particularly NA's, are cheap to buy and modify. From a visual standpoint, yeah its not that appealing. But hey, if it scoots around the track; who cares?

I suppose there are jeep equivalents out there giving "fugly" new meaning, but are serious trail machines. I just can't help thinking that this is a visually appealing machine to a certain demographic. And I'm not it.
Sure, it speaks to a certain type. Probably the time attack guys poke around it and love it.

J-mobzz

Sure, it speaks to a certain type. Probably the time attack guys poke around it and love it.

Exactly, I used to hate the look of track cars until I spent time around guys running time attack, and like most things, once you start to understand it my entire perspective changed. People race lawnmowers and big wheels and whatever. The fun is all relative. I'm just glad we are all different.

RockChucker

Exactly, I used to hate the look of track cars until I spent time around guys running time attack, and like most things, once you start to understand it my entire perspective changed. People race lawnmowers and big wheels and whatever. The fun is all relative. I'm just glad we are all different.
Right!? Can you imagine how much busier every trail ever would be if everyone loved wheelin? ugh. They are already too busy most of the time! I can respect a well engineered go fast road car and enjoy watching a race live...but it isn't my cup o' tea and I won't be dumping my own $$$ into it.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As in, what is the cost from civilization? Humanity is slightly worse off from having to look at it.
Perhaps. But then again, I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not angry grill jeeps, not upside down wings on Mustangs, not RMEr's and all their bullshit. Nothing. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free. ;)

I knew, deep down, that skipping the fast and furious movies would come back to bite me. I'll start my education there and get back to you.
Just watch the first one, thats the only one that has anything to do with racing culture.