Its Finally Here!!!

P

pokeyYJ

My dad ordered one of these in May and it finally showed up on the dealer lot today!!! His is red with black top, and soon to be sporting a 4.5 inch lift and some 33's. Yeee HAAAH

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Why put the lift on while it's under warranty? Find out what the warranty is IMHO. Very nice Jeep, should be lots of fun right out of the box.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah I agree, I wouldn't buy one and then void your warranty right off the bat... Otherwise you could have just got a used TJ and for the money you save, make it better than a Rubicon... Warranties are sweet, heck with the dealer... IMHO:D

T

Toby

I may have the dealer install the lift, to keep the warranty intact. It's sitting outside right now and lookin good!

Rubicon woody I have.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
OOhhhhhhhh......... DROOOOOOOOLLLLLL........ I was wondering why all the TJ lift questions. Congrats on the recent addition to your 4x Family! :D

Moon

Just bought my wife one for christmas got it with a 4 in teraflex lift and 33s, its awsome, it all under warranty 6 years 60,000 miles bumper to bumper. The 7 year 70,000 mile warranty that it comes with doesn't cover wear and tare, which if any thing breaks off road they will consider it wear and tare. so for 900 bucks more it is fully covered. It is totaly worth every penny to be able to have some extreame fun and know for the next six years I wont have to spend a fourtune on parts to keep me on the trail, and be able to do it everyday and not have to save money to buy what iI broke the week end before.

Moon

Originally posted by Greg
I really want one, mabey I'll have to get married and buy one for the Wife, too. ;)
She totaly gets pissed when I take off in it. Inead to get the wag going again and get lockers in it but now im spoiled and swill only want arb's and an at least a 4:1 low and 4.10's in it. na i'll just let her be pissed, I bought it ;)

sukaB

Banned
Yehhhhhhh,
By the way no matter what you do as far as lifting a jeep it will not void warranty except the parts you remove or open up...
If a dealer tells you differently then they don't know smack......
I stand behind this one....If you take four coils off a TJ and replace them with larger lift springs, than your old ones are no longer under warranty...
eehh
If you open up your diff and change gears then your rear end is no longer under warranty.
The shop doing the work should give new warranty for the NEW PARTS..
If they don't then the Manufacturer should and it's your responsability to find out....
Most shops don't care any longer.......

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
....If you take four coils off a TJ and replace them with larger lift springs, than your old ones are no longer under warranty...

BINGO I always hate the warranty whiners.:D

OH and buy the way, If you think you won't have to spend an arm or leg to stay on the trail for the next six years... what was your monthly payment again???:rolleyes:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy

BINGOOH and buy the way, If you think you won't have to spend an arm or leg to stay on the trail for the next six years... what was your monthly payment again???:rolleyes:

Watch out Jeremy, you don't know the guy..... he might have paid cash for that thing. Believe it or not, some people are actually good at saving their money to buy the stuff they need.

Of course, if he's like the rest of us, he financed more than 90% of the thing, leaving him with a payment that is probably in the $350 range.....and, don't forget about full coverage insurance!

T

Toby

Didn't pay cash, but glady will be making payments. I looked at the cost of adding lockers, gears, 4:1 transfer case, ... to my 2000 TJ and this came out cheaper.

Can't wait to scratch it ...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Jeremy
350, that seems a little low for a 28k rig.

whatever.......

stop pickin on the guy....so his rig is new. I wish it was me you were giving crap about the new rubicon. If I could have afforded one, I would have one.

I can simply say congrats and I am envious....GreenSheep???