Its Finally Here!!!

Moon

he bend it already? is it a 5 speed? did he have the tcase lowered I have the tera 4in but dont have the long arms and they had to lower the tcase because the auto tranie is longer so the drive line is longer and it would hit the skid plate have to cut the skid and put the case back I hate it being lowerd.:mad:

P

pokeyYJ

No the shaft came bent, its a Tera CV style. Yes its a 5 speed, the skid had to be cut to clear the arms but its all good.

Heres a pic

P

pokeyYJ

Scratch it may be a bit of an exageration, he did take some paint off the sliders here though

BTW the jeep did awesome, but he is still getting used to the 4 to 1 and the long arm lift.

T

Toby

Not only did I get a scratch on the slider, I gouged my rim. So there. And I did get the scratch certified by a body shop.

The skid plate is not lowered, but we had it notched for the long arms. It might need a little bit more 'notching' though.

sukaB

Banned
Mudslide,
If you want to save money and get the best parts and install call me first...If you don't like what you see then you can go somewhere else and get all sorts of weird things that don't work.
Half these people are in business cause we get sold the wrong things and then buy another better part later.....
I can show you all sorts of things that will cause you problems that you can avoid. Not to pick on Toby but he already has had to clearance a skid plate for the long arms?????yah.....
Driveshaft issues!!!!?yah and about three other problems that will be next on his list......I'm only saying because I have experience in many TJ's like I said before.......
I have TJ's with long arm 's, no long arm's, custom built long arm's, 60's,and all sorts of other things over here and i offer to use these rigs as tolls to provide knowledge for yourself, some people decide to piss money away than that's there own fault..
As far as warranty goes, The dealer will warranty any part that has not been opened or screwed with...
Your t-case will be warrantied for ever if never opened and screwed with...and if it is you should be provide with some sort of deal with the parts you added to it..whoever built them..

Moon

Thanks suka I was planning on it anyway just have other thing going right now and havn't made the trip to SLC right????? The webpage for anarcy off road isnt working if I go to the RME link so dn't know were your at but if i look hard enougf I'll find ya. not to woried about anything yet. maybe i'll trade ya the wag for a tj andwe could go to town on it we'll see :D

P

pokeyYJ

Suka, you are right we did have to clearance to skid plate, but this was in the interest of saving money. The tera long arms for the Rubi are the same as the regular ones, with the 241 t-case the skid plate is farther to the rear. Thus under flex the rear long arms hit the plate. It was way cheaper to have two grapefruit sized holes cut in the skid plate, than it would have been to have custom arms built to work with the plate.

Also if there is a problem with one of the arms, or we bend it on a rock, parts are going to be readily available. Verses a custom arm that will have to be refabricated if something goes wrong.

Just my opinion but I am very happy with the lift that my dad choose. Teraflex is a well established company that will warranty their products, so that puts my mind at ease.

Also the skid plate is not a big deal because we will be replacing it with a belly up later.