Jeep friends??

Crankylove

Crankylove
Hmmmm.....even if I lived in logan, I would be out. Don't have a jeep, its a extra cab F250 on 35's (although, I guess a Jeep isn't in the requirements), I smoke a pack a day (but am trying to quit :rofl:), and do love the beer I just stuck in the fridge, and the Captains and Coke I am drinking now. I drink, smoke and curse....and some of my best friends are staunch LDS :confused:.....my mom always said, friends are where ya find 'em :)

Houndoc

Great personalities here. Fun thread.

I don't blame you at all for the no f-bomb comment. Some of the guys I was with in Canada last month would have barely talked if they took that word out of their vocabulary. Was the only down side to the trip.

OREGON85

from OREGON
X2. When I lived in Oregon and would wheel with my dad he had a friend who's brother would often come. Every other word he says starts with f and he tells jokes that make you want to puke. By the end of the day he is so drunk he has trouble walking, yet he is still driving. I don't mind avoiding those situations either.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
Great personalities here. Fun thread.

I don't blame you at all for the no f-bomb comment. Some of the guys I was with in Canada last month would have barely talked if they took that word out of their vocabulary. Was the only down side to the trip.

Well what about inflection and tone? You can tell quite a bit about what someone is saying with just a couple good words.......just by listening to how they're used.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
this is great!!!!!!!!!!

Just come wheel. Groups go out wheeling somewhere every weekend. Join all the clubs and see where/with whom you fit in best. I've been out with a lot of different groups, as the people I originally wheeled with don't go out much, and have yet to meet anyone on the trail that I didn't get along with. I'm a pretty quiet person that doesn't offend easily however...

X2. When I lived in Oregon and would wheel

You can wheel in oregon :eek: I thought that was the black hole of the off road world.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
This is a weird request. I live in cache valley and i dont have in jeepin buddys. I mainly go wheeling with my wife and my big dumb lab. I do have a couple little requests if anybodys interested.
1. No smoking
2. No drinking and driving
3. Not a lot of cursing( i just dont want to hear the f-bomb every other word)
4. Respect the land and your right to be there.
Other than that lets go have some fun

I can understand the drinking and driving as the majority of members here disagree with it as well. The cursing is understandable to an extent, and #4 makes sense as well but...

I don't understand number 1? I don't smoke anymore and I encourage (although hopeless at times :() my wife not to smoke, but to tell someone that you won't wheel with them because they do seems odd :confused: All the smokers I know keep their distance while doing it, and discard their butt's in an appropriate manner when on the trail. They don't (although it's happened) typically jump in the same car as me and blow smoke in my face :p

Anyhoo I'm in Lewiston and embrace family oriented wheeling. If you ever want to go somewhere local post up in upcoming wheeling trips, and I'll try to tag along.

I'm also going to plan a trip just over the boarder in So. Idaho this summer for a little Bloomington Lake action ;)

crawldaddy

Now Im down on a Bloomington Trip. Just yesterday I told my kids that we need to go play on the rope swing this summer and do a little camping up there. End of june before the Holidays in July sound good? Just make sure its on a Friday night into Saterday so that I can go.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Now Im down on a Bloomington Trip. Just yesterday I told my kids that we need to go play on the rope swing this summer and do a little camping up there. End of june before the Holidays in July sound good?

It's on :D I'll hopefully be up that way a few times on the dirtbike to check the snow line, but late June is usually perfect!

OREGON85

from OREGON
You can wheel in oregon :eek: I thought that was the black hole of the off road world.

Look up Brown's Camp on YouTube, google, or four wheeler magazine. I mostly wheeled the Trask Mt. area, but there aren't as many video's there. Until Weyerhaeuser bought out Willamette Industries in 2002 there were literally thousands of miles of trail within 6 miles of my parents house. Brown's Camp is still open though because it is BLM land, not private timber land.

Toad

As for # 1 your right most people are considerate. Unfortantly I have meet plenty who are not. Yes that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bloomington is a great drive. I prefer to spend my time up that way instead of here in the valley.

DAA

Being picky about the people you spend your limited and precious free time with is perfectly understandable. I don't understand why some people don't seem to be very particular about the company they keep. I sure as heck am. Really, I'm VERY picky about the people I choose to invest my time with.

So, you don't want to spend your time with people who smoke and swear. I don't want to spend my time with people who judge others by whether they smoke or swear.

By getting it all out in the open up front, we don't have to waste any of our time on each other.

I like it.

- DAA