Jeep friends??

ID Bronco

Being picky about the people you spend your limited and precious free time with is perfectly understandable. I don't understand why some people don't seem to be very particular about the company they keep. I sure as heck am. Really, I'm VERY picky about the people I choose to invest my time with.

So, you don't want to spend your time with people who smoke and swear. I don't want to spend my time with people who judge others by whether they smoke or swear.

By getting it all out in the open up front, we don't have to waste any of our time on each other.

I like it.

- DAA

I have enjoyed nearly everyone I have wheeled with, but when my family is around I prefer it to be more mild. Swearing particularly.

Good for TOAD and DAA, I think our time is precious and we should be comfortable enjoying it however that may be.

Toad, we have many runs you would like with similar values in SE Idaho if you want to join us.

O'neal

?????????
What's wrong with alittle smoke and some booze?:rofl: Now swearing I try to keep on the low down while in public and around people I dont know especially around kid's,I keep the swear word's out of the vocabulary.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I try not to discriminate who I wheel with, but won't tolerate any type of drinking and driving, have actually had a few people cited before. Call me prude if you like, but it's many lives at stake if some idiot is driving his 2-3 ton rig around while drunk. It's usually not an issue with most groups though, most people who have put wrench time into a rig know better than to be that dumb especially on the trail.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Being picky about the people you spend your limited and precious free time with is perfectly understandable. I don't understand why some people don't seem to be very particular about the company they keep. I sure as heck am. Really, I'm VERY picky about the people I choose to invest my time with.

So, you don't want to spend your time with people who smoke and swear. I don't want to spend my time with people who judge others by whether they smoke or swear.

By getting it all out in the open up front, we don't have to waste any of our time on each other.

I like it.

- DAA

It's not a matter of judging anyone, it's about not having your kids or family around things that could potentially harm them. I grew up outside of Utah and spent 5 years in the military, so I have pretty thick skin and am more passive than most and will wheel with about anybody. But that changes a bit when I'm out with a lady and I'm sure it will change even more when I have a family. There is no reason or excuse for an adult to curse around a child or a lady, it's disrespectful and impolite. Just how I was raised, more of a matter of respect than a religious ideal.

As for drinking, as long as it's not on the trail I could care less what you do. My partying days are behind me and I prefer not to be around it.

Houndoc

Well what about inflection and tone? You can tell quite a bit about what someone is saying with just a couple good words.......just by listening to how they're used.

Tone, inlfection...whatever. It simply does not, in my mind, reflect well on a person when they can not speak with out every second or third word (honest, not much exageration) being the f-word. Otherwise, enjoyed the group and was a good team to be on the tundra with.

I will also say that the people I have wheeled with here, have all been pretty good guys. I am cetain not all values are shared (I would fit wheel his wheeling requirements, except don't often make to north), but have found respectful folks to be on the trail with.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I don't mind being on a trial with folks who smoke as long as they are mindful of others around that might not enjoy it as much as they do.

However, if my wife is along she is extremely sensative to the smell. Something to do with hormones/birth control??.. I dunno. But I do know she can get really sick to her stomach from strong smells.

spencevans

Overlander
I live in Providence and I wouldn't mind going for a trail ride sometime. So what do you have against smoking, are you a vegitairian? Slow roasted brisket and pulled pork is the best. I bet after you taste some of my slow roasted BBQ you're opinions of smoking will change. Just ask the boys at BHR.:D

Last edited:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I'm glad you said something, cause I do tend to fart a lot. I'll keep my distance from her. But, you're still fair game. :)

I don't mind being on a trial with folks who smoke as long as they are mindful of others around that might not enjoy it as much as they do.

However, if my wife is along she is extremely sensative to the smell. Something to do with hormones/birth control??.. I dunno. But I do know she can get really sick to her stomach from strong smells.

Toad

I have nothing against the smoker themselves. I have a lot of good friends that are smokers. In my high school years I spent a lot of time around it. For me anymore the smell of it just makes me sick. My friends that I do have are very considerate about were and when they light up. Unfortunatly I have meet a fair amount of people that are not considerate of others around them. So I put that first point out there just to be clear. I am by no means trying to be rude or offend anybody.
By the way I think this has got to be the must fun I have on a thread that I have ever posted.

Toad

On a side note has anybody played around in the 5 mile pass area west of Lehi?
I have driven through but never stopped. Im thinking it might be fun on a dirtbike

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
This is a weird request. I live in cache valley and i dont have in jeepin buddys.
You don't really wonder why do you? :confused:
I do have a couple little requests if anybodys interested.
1. No smoking
2. No drinking and driving
3. Not a lot of cursing( i just dont want to hear the f-bomb every other word)
4. Respect the land and your right to be there.
Other than that lets go have some fun
That would be like me wheeling with this group of wheelers and asking them not to preach.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
On a side note has anybody played around in the 5 mile pass area west of Lehi?
I have driven through but never stopped. Im thinking it might be fun on a dirtbike

Of course, fun on a bike or 4 wheeler,

Even better in a Jeep or Rig when you hit the Snakes out there.

BTW, I smoke, Drink(not while driving) and I've been in the military, a truck driver, mechanic, equipment operator and played football, basically, I cuss a little.