Jeeper's 2006 6.0 F350

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Well, I picked it up. My son was dying to run the winch, so he loaded the entire truck by himself. That was pretty fun.
IMG_4522[1].jpg
Got her home.
IMG_4524[1].jpgIMG_4525[1].JPG
It does have some damage to the bed. :( I estimate about $1,000 to have this fixed. I can get a new CM flatbed for it for $1500 though.. so that may be the route I go.
IMG_4527[1].JPG

It has a tonneau cover that is for sale if anyone is interested..

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
that could be a sweet truck

Yes it could. In fact, if you go the route of de-6.0-ing it, I could be interested in the finished product. :D With a repaired/replaced bed though, I don't want a flatbed. Thanks!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
i'll get it running for the tonneau cover. bring it up to layton. you'll be in charge of buying parts through

If you are serious at all, we need to talk.

Tan or grey interior?
Tan leather.

I put a battery in it tonight. Battery was nearly dead, but it allowed me to roll down windows and see things function. The best part was when the odometer said 89,000 miles :)

ricsrx

You guys did see that option 4 included a divorce, right?? :D

i did see the rest of option #4.

that is were i come in and save you, sell the truck to me and i will continue with option 4, and you can even have my 04 dodge, minus the engine and trans......

LT.

Broken anything is worth nothing. Worth nothing because it is broken. Now, the parts of a broken rig are worth something provided you can find someone willing to pay. That sounded a little like Confucius.

I don't care for Ford trucks anyways but, a 2005 stroker can be made into a good truck if you are willing to spend money on it. I don't think I would pay much more than what the truck is worth for scrap. Basically only pay for a deal you can't pass up. The new motor is only the beginning. Then there are the accessories, belts, hoses, and all the nicole and dime parts that will seriously eat into any budget you set.

That's why I wouldn't pay much more than scrap prices. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt because I don't really like Ford trucks anyways.

LT.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Amazing deal jeeper. I know my way around a 6.0 pretty well. If you have questions give me a call. 8013686760.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Well, I had some time to play with the truck tonight. Time for issue #1: The truck has a VERY slow crank. I am using 2 batteries from other vehicles. They are the same batteries used in my 7.3 IDI.. I assume that they are rated for the 6.0 also, but if not I guess NEW batteries are in order. Here is a video of the slow crank. You have to listen closely.

[video=youtube;gb5aN5eUPS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5aN5eUPS8[/video]

I tightened the battery clamps, and got it to turn over a but better, but it is still slooooow.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I decided to find or a new starter, but when I crawled under to pull it off I was met by what appears to be a brand new starter already.

image.jpg

Intealize its its a brand new, 5 year old starter, but it's new none the less. I'll still pull it and have it tested I guess.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Diesels are very finicky about having enough voltage/current to start - If the starter is good it sounds like maybe you're not getting enough current to it to turn the engine over fast enough to start. I'd double and triple check all the connections (pos. AND neg.) to make sure they're clean and tight, and also check the condition of the cables themselves. It's not uncommon for cables to corrode inside the insulation (and look 100% fine from the outside.)

P.S. I'm jealous of this project.:)